Chip it saying "Hi" to D40 Accessories Forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You say that you connect up to the boost and increase boost but then you dont show boost in the comparison between the two chips. You're basically telling half truths and showing us just the information you want to show us. How about a comparison between the boost on the two runs?

You say you've used less fuel. I challenge that and say all you've done is put more boost in. You are probably still overfuelling like crazy but are covering this up by winding the boost up.

I guess most people will fall for something like that but if you've got all these years of experience like you say then you know exactly what you've done is try to pull the wool over our eyes.

How about being honest and showing us everything.

You say that you connect up to the boost and increase boost but then you dont show boost in the comparison between the two chips. You're basically telling half truths and showing us just the information you want to show us. How about a comparison between the boost on the two runs?

You say you've used less fuel. I challenge that and say all you've done is put more boost in. You are probably still overfuelling like crazy but are covering this up by winding the boost up.

I guess most people will fall for something like that but if you've got all these years of experience like you say then you know exactly what you've done is try to pull the wool over our eyes.

Like all other chips, it plugs into the fuel rail but we ALSO exclusively plug into the turbo pressure (MAP) sensor to increase boost.

On the website we show a back to back comparison between our chip and a leading European brand injector interceptor .... the power is the same (almost line over line) but we do it with a lot less fuel!

A copy of that run is below

It shows we are making power very efficiently.

CHIPIT-RailPSI.Vs_.InjPSI.jpg

Ozzy

Firstly, I note these are your first posts so welcome the forum. You have certainly come out firing on all cylinders for your first post!

Whilst I can't engage you too much 'techo stuff', I feel compelled to explain what Chip It's chip has done to my D40.

First up I am NOT seeking better fuel economy. I have been running a Tunit Chip for 18 months and was impressed. So impressed I investigated installing a 'customised chip'.

Accordingly, I fitted up a Chip It chip three weeks ago. I also installed the optional MAP sensor plug and EGT module. Now I can't tell how much extra boost it is producing but I can tell you the dyno results.

With the Tunit Chip I got 140kW but now my D40 is producing 150kW at the fly wheel and 520Nm, with oversized tyres.

Chip It have given me numerous tunes that can be loaded in under 1 min and yes you can over fuel the ute - I have done that. In fact experientiation on the Dyno has proven that my Ute could easily do more than 150kW but I simply can't get enough air in without installing an aftermarket CAI.

So in essence I was sceptical, but my own independent dyno results have confirmed to me that Chip It have delivered on what they assured me the chip would do and with no increase in EGT which is added bonus.

In short, yes I am using more fuel no doubt, but I drive now an 'animal' and can easily spin both wheels when given a boot full importantly with no tell tale black smoke signalling over fueling.

Hope that helps.

BH

What drugs are you smokin'? :suicide2:

Half truth ... WHERE?

We say we increase boost. If you can prove we dont, I will give you a Chip for free. I will give you 10x Chips free.

Half truth ... have you ever ran a DYNO? How much info can go on one screen? If we say ALL OVER OUR WEBSITE we increase by 3 - 4 psi I think people are going to believe us.

We had printed out (on someone elses dyno ... IE INDEPENDANT RESULTS) the data that made the most sense to people. ie Fuel economy and power.

Go take a pill and chill dude ... or better still, call me on 0412 304030 and tell me what axe you have to grind.

No seriously ... you are on drugs.

How can it be OVERFUELING when the figures show they are LESS rich than the opposition?

By adding boost you increase air to burn any extra diesel ... but in the end ... WE ARE STILL BURNING LESS THAN THE SPIDER CHIP (CHIP THAT GOES ONTO THE INJECTORS)

You didn't even say BOO about the richness of the other chip. Your off your face and have bugger all tuning experience. My mum knows more about tuning than you obviously do.

It will be real life comments comming from people like BOSSHOG that will make my mind up and to if or when i will CHIP my Navara.

People who have put their money on the line, got the equipment fitted to their car and using it.

I found it interesting to read in Boss's post about the fuel issue - if i've read his post properly, he is more interested in POWER output rather the worrying about the fuel consumption. To me, that is a real persons thought process about what he wanted to achieve out of the CHIPPING process.

Currently i'm happy with the power of my Navara - except when i'm towing interstate and hit some big hills when i'm towing the camper trailer. But thats only once or twice a year, so its not one of the biggest issue's that i've got. I'd be more interested in Fuel savings than power boost.

Now reading between the lines, IF i'm going to get a CHIP that gives me power boost, like the CHIP-IT system - AND i drive the Navara sensibly, i'd expect that by NOT putting the lead foot down so much, i'd strike a nice balance between having the power available if/when i need it - but in the mean time i'd expect to be using less fuel by driving Conservatively ...

Robert, would that be a fair assessment ?
If so, i will look at talking to you about finally installing your CHIP into my Navara in the new year.

It will be real life comments comming from people like BOSSHOG that will make my mind up and to if or when i will CHIP my Navara.

People who have put their money on the line, got the equipment fitted to their car and using it.

I found it interesting to read in Boss's post about the fuel issue - if i've read his post properly, he is more interested in POWER output rather the worrying about the fuel consumption. To me, that is a real persons thought process about what he wanted to achieve out of the CHIPPING process.

Currently i'm happy with the power of my Navara - except when i'm towing interstate and hit some big hills when i'm towing the camper trailer. But thats only once or twice a year, so its not one of the biggest issue's that i've got. I'd be more interested in Fuel savings than power boost.

Now reading between the lines, IF i'm going to get a CHIP that gives me power boost, like the CHIP-IT system - AND i drive the Navara sensibly, i'd expect that by NOT putting the lead foot down so much, i'd strike a nice balance between having the power available if/when i need it - but in the mean time i'd expect to be using less fuel by driving Conservatively ...

Robert, would that be a fair assessment ?
If so, i will look at talking to you about finally installing your CHIP into my Navara in the new year.

Thanks Woody D40

the fuel figures USUALLY go in our favour because we bring in the torque earlier. People are often telling us the fuel economy has increased by around 7 - 10%

You can see these comments HERE ... AND I CAN PUT MY HAND ON MY HEART TO CONFIRM THESE ARE ALL TRUE TESTIMONIALS.

As they come in, I personally post them up there.

Cheers

Just for your info
Got a mate in perth with a lux ( poor bugger) He had a chip it installed and he is that happy with the chip and the service his pissin in his own pants
Says he cant believe the difference it has made

Latest posts

Back