Chip it saying "Hi" to D40 Accessories Forum

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys its OK

YOU ARE BOTH RIGHT so settle down.

YOU CAN do to your car whatever you want ... HOWEVER it may not be illegal :stop:

What we are saying is that IF you remove the restrictions in the exhaust you get great added power. Some will do this MOD regardless ... some wont. And that's OK :dancing:

No where did we say it is legal ... no where did we say you have to do it. :idea:

The Chip adds super power to an already great vehicle.

We are just exploring the outer reaches and providing the infomation. :victory:

So please take a chill pill and if you don't like that fact that we explain this ... that's OK ... you don't have to buy from us.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Most people on here know my stance on illegal modifications - if it isn't legal, then I don't want your vehicle on the road with mine. After roughly 20 years 4wding, I've seen this industry hammered by "do gooders" taking every opportunity they can to try and shut us down, then there are the "fly by night" operators who come into the market and try to make a quick buck spruiking all kinds of illegal mods and shonky products....well....doesn't sit well with me...but that is my choice.

Out of interest Chip it, I'd be interested to see the change history log for your website page because I don't recall reading the "...for race use only..." disclaimer when I first looked up the info on your D40 chips...I could very well be wrong, but I don't recall seeing that disclaimer.

And seriously, you are marketing something for "race use only" for vehicles that are most commonly road registered. You know darn well what is going to happen.

As I said before....too many ethical questions....

It's like extended shackles....plenty of people out there selling them saying "Oh, they're for of road use only" but no responsibility if people install them and use them on-road.

Anyway, this is getting into philosophical questions and my position is clear - I have a clearly high moral position on the issue which is possibly not shared by some others..

Good luck to you and your company. If you decide to stop publicly pushing illegal modifications, then I will strongly consider purchasing a chip from you in future. Not that I expect one more customer will entice you to change your business model however.

Good post Ants,

My opinion is slightly different to yours but i respect your view, especially when it is well written and informative.

That is the kind of debate that is positive and constructive for the forum.

Since your quick to call me stupid, here's a lesson for you.

what people do to there own cars is there business.

Unfortunately your wrong there,
(especially with illegal mods) as your not the only one living in the world and what you do can and does effect everyone else, and
unfortunately we have to live with one another, hence rules and regulations.
I can hear you say fuck rules & regs, ok, but the more and more you do this the more and more the laws make it harder for everyone else.
Its simple, not rocket science.
If you cant understand this, well,. whatever.

Im picking up what ya putting down,

How many millions of older cars, race cars etc with no cats etc poluting the air you breath? ya hearing me?

Last edited:
Since your quick to call me stupid, here's a lesson for you.

Im picking up what ya putting down, unless you work for the epa your conserns go un noticed re enviroment.

How many millions of older cars, race cars etc with no cats etc poluting the air you breath? Not sure my 1 car is going to make the world end.
ya hearing me?

Each of us is responsible for our own actions.

The example you give is just like saying "Well, they never caught the person who robbed that bank what back whenever, so I should be able to rob a bank and get away with it too."

You are responsible for your actions.

If your vehicle is not roadworthy ACCORDING TO THE LETTER OF THE LAW then, in all sincerity, I hope you get taken off the road by the authorities.

Pretty simple really.

Hey guys,

Just catching the chat on the DPF kits. There is a huge grey area on these, We have developed a 3" Exhuast the keeps the original DPF intact keep it very legal.
It comes with a 3" dump and full 3" system that you original DPF bolts up to.
One customer I spoke to today picked up 130Klms to a tank of fuel .... he is wrapped !

100% LEGAL :)

Not sure why you say there is a grey area Chip it - The law is crystal clear...if you have a DPF fitted from the factory then you must keep it as part of the emissions control system.

I'm just too shit scared that I might mow down a bunch of schoolkids with an illegal vehicle that I don't want any illegal mods.
Otherwise i'd do all sorts

Oh, good for you, its refreshing to know we have some responsible members here leading the way.
:victory:

Not sure why you say there is a grey area Chip it - The law is crystal clear...if you have a DPF fitted from the factory then you must keep it as part of the emissions control system.

Did I say "grey area"? :no: (it was the guy above your post that wrote that ants)

Its not grey at all. Take off your DPF and your illegal ... simple as that. We never said otherwise.

I take your point and am happy you have an opinion in the matter ... but I do think you have taken this off target. (not trying to get your back up BTW)

We are just showing the reading audience what power is acheived with and without a DPF.

If you (or any of our customers) wish to leave it be, then the chip STILL provides EXCELLENT power ... no questions asked.

We don't force them or advise them ... we just tell the story ... run it up the flag pole if you will.

If someone made a cheap PERFORMANCE DPF they would clean up I would imagine ... problem is ... would it get hot enough to burn off the soot ... probably not!

The Performance Chips are less than half price than any of the major players and we offer 1) increased boost control AND 2) additonal input/outputs to boot.

BARGAIN RIGHT THERE!

Just a little about us. We are not a fly by night company.

We were one of the first ( 2nd ) Diesel LPG Injection manufacturers in Australia and Australia was/is leading the world with Diesel LPG injection back many years ago. (patented)

We are the first company to develop (and retail) Diesel Petrol Injection (patent pending)

We have been involved in motor racing for over 25 years. I **THINK** I still hold the track record for a fully street registered (fully legal) vehicle racing around Wakefield Park in NSW, 1:06:76. Not sure about that one. I may have been pipped at the post. :)

We just concerntrate on making better Chips for diesels now though.

All Chips are made locally. We design and test them for Aussie cars and Aussie fuels and probably why no one comes close to the power achieved by our Chips. That, and the extra features we add to the board as standard.

In any case, I hope I have explained our position a little clearer. If anyone wants to discuss our ethics I would be happy to discuss via PM as I would like this thread to remain on the topic of showcasing the AUSSIE MADE chips so that people know they have an option and dont have to spend $1600 - $2800 on a competitiors brand.

Sincerely

Last edited:
You are correct Chip It, and I do apologise for my mistake.

I hope I'm clear - I'm interested in seeing this 4wd industry survive for my childrens, and their offsprings benefit....not just see people get max horsepower for a few cheap thrills now. Unfortunately when people knowlingly (with a nod and a wink) push mods which are illegal, then everyone in the industry suffers at the end of the day. And when I say "in the industry" I mean consumers as well. Bear in mind, I am just a consumer - not an industry participant. Just that I have been an active part of this 4wd community for quite a long time and I don't take kindly to people giving it a bad name in order to make a qiuck buck. I am not pointing that finger at you, I am making that statement generally.

Anyway, I wish you well and sincerely hope that you continue to push Australian products. I also hope that you decide to only sell products that are 100% legal for road use and do not agree to fit products to road registered vehicles that would make them illegal.

Its a chamber of sorts about halfway along your exhaust if you have an auto. Has a few sensors and stuff coming out of it. It basically filters the exhaust gas then 'burns off' when it gets full. Thats my understanding of it anyway. Manuals don't have one. I'm not sure why it is so illegal to remove it from an auto when manuals (and most other cars on the road) don't have one anyway.

It basically filters the soot out of the exhaust - no more black smoke, in theory. It's illegal to remove it because the law says you can't take off anything that the factory put on. Do what you like with your seat covers, radio and ashtray contents, but the emission control system is sacrosanct.

I'm fairly sure there are quite a number of European diesel cars now that have DPFs. Their use in vehicles will become greater as:

* the technology improves to make the DPF more efficient without compromising vehicle performance

* the software that determines the need for "regeneration" (self-cleaning) improves and

* drivers become aware of the need to drive in a certain manner when needed to allow the self-cleaning operation to take place.

Given how hot this sucker gets, I thought it'd be right behind the dump pipe - I'll have to poke my head under there and have a look. My Manuel doesn't show the DPF, looks like I wants me a newer version.

Hey guys,

Just catching the chat on the DPF kits. There is a huge grey area on these, We have developed a 3" Exhuast the keeps the original DPF intact keep it very legal.
It comes with a 3" dump and full 3" system that you original DPF bolts up to.
One customer I spoke to today picked up 130Klms to a tank of fuel .... he is wrapped !

100% LEGAL :)

Just to add my five cents worth.

How is this legal when the dump pipe contains the CAT so by changing it to a dump pipe you are modifying the emission control system?

I had thought of removing the cat myself but was worried that the extra nasties going through to the DPF might not be good for it.

One question I have is does your chip plug into the fuel rail or the injectors or both?

I'm not sure why it is so illegal to remove it from an auto when manuals (and most other cars on the road) don't have one anyway.

Ok, I'll write it as simple as i can, for those that were'nt born yet or have been living under a rock since.

Basically since the early 70's and the great fuel crisis, governments have legislated vehicle manufacturers implement emission controls to their products with the purpose of 'fuel savings' and 'less emissions' to the atmosphere, simple.
ie: this is why muscle cars of the 60's were killed off in the 70's.

Simple controls in the early days to what we have now along with the deletion of lead compounds in petrol, etc and lowering sulphur, etc in diesel fuels.

Yes different vehicles have diferent emission controls, why?, well ask the government, they make the rules, manufactures comply, cause thats the law, simple, no if's or butts.
(reasons why auto's have DPF's and manuals dont has been mentioned here in the forum before).

So, if you want to stay legal,
regardless of what a vehicle has or has'nt got,
(they all however HAVE emissions controls),
leave the emission controls on your vehicle alone, as it is illegal to remove them,
if you dont, well thats your choice,
just dont cry wolf later.

NO-ONE here makes them laws/rules, just some of us accept them.,
they are afterall for the good of everyone.

Dittoes Krankin.

Some of you may have noticed that I had disconnected my EGR valve (which is part of the emission system). Why?

Because rather than talking off the top of my head, I'll get in and try stuff. I may not be an expert on diesel motors, or a lot of these things, but I am willing to give things a go so I can talk about my experiences. Yes, for those avid readers who are thinking about it - this includes the 2-stroke issue.

As for my EGR valve, it's obviously reconnected and I won't be blanking it off.

For those that might think I'm targeting them for NOT trying stuff: don't. I am simply saying that I don't have the experience to give a decent opinion about some stuff, so I'll throw spanners at things to learn about it myself and in the process, provide my version of feedback. Which is partly what this whole show's about.

Last edited:
another vote for what Krankin has said...

"...leave the emission controls on your vehicle alone, as it is illegal to remove them,
if you dont, well thats your choice,
just dont cry wolf later..."

I do find it interesting that, over the years the number of people I have seen advised that what they have done is against the law, yet they laugh and say "I won't get caught" etc... Yet cry "poor me" when they do get busted ;) I'm generally a sympathetic person, and I always like to see people get a fair go. But when people have been given a chance to comply and fair warning, my attitude is "too bad, you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent possible according to law".

Might seem harsh, but we all have our opinions based on our different life experiences.

Last edited:
One question I have is does your chip plug into the fuel rail or the injectors or both?

Like all other chips, it plugs into the fuel rail but we ALSO exclusively plug into the turbo pressure (MAP) sensor to increase boost.

On the website we show a back to back comparison between our chip and a leading European brand injector interceptor .... the power is the same (almost line over line) but we do it with a lot less fuel!

A copy of that run is below

It shows we are making power very efficiently.

CHIPIT-RailPSI.Vs_.InjPSI.jpg

Latest posts

Back