What to do with $1500

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azza

Reaction score
As the title says, what would you do to your d22 with a spare $1500?

I've made a small list:
-Snorkel, does it really make a difference to power and responce with the increased airflow or is it just there for when it gets wet? :big_smile:

-Chip, narrowed it down to steinbower or tuneit. Keen to do this soon anyway

-Suspension upgrade, lift 2-3'. The stock running gear is terrible on and off road

-New stereo head deck, speakers, keyless entry and cruise control. Yes I like my comforts :rock:

So what would you do?

Cheers lads

Last edited:
Snorkel, does it really make a difference to power and responce with the increased airflow

No, it doesn't. Although there will be always someone who will disagree I'd love to see their dyno sheet or other proof of increased power etc.

or is it just there for when it gets wet?

They are about protecting your engine from ingesting water and dust - ever noticed when travelling on convoy how dust settles to about 1m high of the road, then just sits there?

-Chip, narrowed it down to steinbower or tuneit. Keen to do this soon anyway

Also might be worth checking out "Tuningbox"

-Suspension upgrade, lift 2-3'. The stock running gear is terrible on and off road

If it were me, I'd be fixing the suspension before adding power via a chip...

-New stereo head deck, speakers, keyless entry and cruise control. Yes I like my comforts

Agree on the comforts, but money only goes so far.

For my dollar, I'd be starting with the snorkel and putting the rest towards a GOOD QUALITY suspension package. Don't buy what you can afford now, if it means saving a little longer for the RIGHT suspension kit.

That's my two cents anyway - hope it helps you along the path to enlightenment ;)

Although there will be always someone who will disagree I'd love to see their dyno sheet or other proof of increased power etc.

Yeah, Toyota Monthly love the idea but it's a placebo effect.

Don't bother with the extra expense of the 3" kit over the 2" - the outcome does not justify the price premium.

i would go extra leaf in the rears and then exhaust. for $1500 you probably afford both. that should give you 2" lift and bigbore.

decent 2" lift, then put the leftover aside and save for decent tyres. A snorkel is a good idea too, but clearance and traction first.

Thanks for the opinions guys. I'll probably go with the suspension lift, but the chip seems more appealing as I don't honestly do alot of technical 4wding. I save my off road adventures for the dirtbike. So what do you recommend in a 2' lift package? Also if anyone actually has a chip fitted to their D22 what is it and what do you think. I read the thread about DP and think I'll stay away from them. Oh and I already have an exhaust which I'm really happy with.

I would get suspension done, 2" lift, and then put the rest towards exhaust. Oh to have $1500 to spend on the nav......snaps back to reality. Lol.

Latest posts

Back