Unable to Engage low range

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grosey

Reaction score
Gday Guys,

Recently bought a 2nd hand 2006 d22. took it for its first off road jaunt last weekend, however i was unable to engage 4L.

I can shift into 4H without any dramas, but for the life of me couldn't get lever to go futher down. Couldnt' get it to neutral on transfer case either.
I was stationary at the time, and during all subsequent attempts.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or if not, anyone got any ideas?

Cheers guys.

Get under and look at the linkages for the transfer.

Could be a stick or something stuck in there stopping you.

Dave.

theres a knack to changing into low. can't remember if you pull the lever up or push the lever down to get into low range. it probably hasn't had much use so may be stiff. its the up/down on the stick that most newbies don't get first time.

I always use the transfer with the clutch in (habit I guess) and wont go back into 2wd unless I release, then re engage the clutch, then it pops right back in. Could just be something fiddly like that

Recently bought a 2nd hand 2006 d22. took it for its first off road jaunt last weekend, however i was unable to engage 4L.

I can shift into 4H without any dramas, but for the life of me couldn't get lever to go futher down. Couldnt' get it to neutral on transfer case either.
I was stationary at the time, and during all subsequent attempts.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or if not, anyone got any ideas?

With the D21 you have to push the stick into the floor to go into N, and it will pop back out as you go into 4L. Somebody with a working xfer case, do you still have to do that with the D22?

Well to be honest the first time I went to engage 4wd in my new d22 I couldn't get it past the 4h on the transfer case. Then I remembered the stick having to be pushed or pulled

It is push down and pull it back into neutral then 4l. I always keep my clutch pressed Just incase

Well I feel like a noob,

got it in to 4L no worries by it pushing down. haha.

thanks for the words of wisdom.....now looking forward to the weekend :)

Its a good feature I reckon.

That way no one can pull it back in to low range at say 80km's an hour, shift between 2wd and 4wd by just pulling the stick back, extra effort needed to engage low range.

Dave.

yeh def a top feature fro when u have lil ones in the car who go no idea wat anything is... the easy switch between 2h and 4h is fun on the sand...sit in 2h till u start to feel urself sinking then shift it to 4h and get the traction back again all without stopping. prob not the best thing to do to ur car but u gotta work in the parts somehow

Latest posts

Back