4WD engage issues

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem Solved.

Switch came from Nizzbits today. Installed it.

I have full 4WD again!!!

Out of curiosity, what is the going rate for one of the switches in Oz - given that the original price in the UK thread is 150 quid!!

Moorie.

Hi mate, i had same problem on my auto D40 ST-X a few months, 2WD only, when i change to 4WD or on LOW nothing happens, can you give me address for order "wait detection switch" and if possible can show the picture "where's about the switch" please, thanks.
Joe.

Just took all 3 switches off today, used WD40 spray all the pin then pressed the button in spray WD40 inside for a few minutes and used air compressor clean up, put them back, all working now, don’t know how long will happen again?

xdo said:
Just took all 3 switches off today, used WD40 spray all the pin then pressed the button in spray WD40 inside for a few minutes and used air compressor clean up, put them back, all working now, don’t know how long will happen again?

So it's a design fault in the plugs... Nissan obviously didn't expect anyone to use their 4x4 to you know... Go 4x4-Ing...

Carry a can of wd40 and contact/brake cleaner with you, problem sorted

Just got to busselton, wa to see the parents. Went down on the beach, put it into hi 4 before hitting the sand, and warning light come on and 4 wheel light disappeared. This has happened a couple times on the way over on the dirt roads, but it rectified itself by turning the car off, pulling the key out and restarting car. This time I tried for more than 30 times and I am ready to throw the car into the water. I have only done 27000km in it and I am not happy. Will try the reset thing in the morning, failing that, busselton Nissan will be getting a nice visit when they open. Will post anything that comes from it.

It came up with a code p1819. Something to do with the transfer control module. Got to test a few things, including relays which have already been done.them the wiring, then the connection on the module, and finally the actual module itself. If it faulty, they will replace it. Just making a mess of my holiday. Thanks all I will let everyone know what the actual problem was on Thursday/ Friday.

Ok, got car back from busselton Nissan last night, 4wd system working. Went down the beach engaged and disengaged no dramas. All switches were changed but still didn't work. So through two days of elimination, turned out to be an earthing fault.

They couldn't prove it but, they were saying, with all the extras I have on there all fitted by ARB, maybe they didn't put enough extra earths on the car when they run the wires for the duel battery and twin air compressor.

They put on an extra earth strap to the main battery and it worked instantly.

Hope this helps someone, but also just in case, make sure people who put extra stuff on your car or if you do it yourself, make sure the earth is good on everything.

the wait detection switch gray one by itself on the back next to control box, what should it be reading? it has no contact when the button is out then once pressed gains contact around mid position and then nothing when fully depressed?

also could you just bridge all three of the pressure switches out and put them on a switch so you dont need to worry about the pressure switches?

I would say your switch is rooted. I also wouldn't recommend changing the system. The way i understand it, the switches are depressed after a mecganical process is completed. If you bypass it and a process fails, it may do physical damage.

Nizbits has the switches much cheaper than nissan.

its wierd as the other bloke that fixed his did the same thing on the back switch would be good to know if there nc/no or what

Latest posts

Back