Glasshouse run 18th Sept 2010

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt76

Reaction score
A couple of us went for a run through glasshouse today. Myself, Jason, Raywise and Scottybobcat.

We found mud pretty much straight away.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Scotty had some fun with that roaring V8 through the mudpits. Pics are on his and Ray's camera's I think.

We found some good tracks with plenty of ruts, the last hour or so there was awesome.

Going by the pics it looks like the D40 had to lead the way, did you get sick of dragging those D22's everywhere Matt? :big_smile:

Going by the pics it looks like the D40 had to lead the way, did you get sick of dragging those D22's everywhere Matt? :big_smile:

Haha nah I got pulled out many times mate, but I led so got to find all the trouble spots first. I'm not too scared to give most things a go, so I do tend to get pulled out of a lot of places.

We found lots of challenging stuff, its a pity you weren't with us when we found the good dry tracks Scotty, it would have been great to hear that v8 powering up the hills.

I can't rave highly enough about the ARB airlocker. Last time I went out the Nav struggled a lot when the tracks were rutted, when 2 opposite wheels lost traction, the LSD just wasn't good enough to propel me, I did exactly the same tracks today with very little trouble at all, and all nice and slow minimising the risk of breaking things. Next thing is a softer set of front coils, and it should be fantastic.

Ah righto, I read it as Scott couldn't make it but just seen his Nav in the background in the top pic.

That thing sounds awesome at high revs doesn't it, when I met up with Scott I kept looking around for the V8 commodore. Lol.

Dave.

Ah righto, I read it as Scott couldn't make it but just seen his Nav in the background in the top pic.

That thing sounds awesome at high revs doesn't it, when I met up with Scott I kept looking around for the V8 commodore. Lol.

Dave.

Yeah sure sounded great flying through the mud pits!

Great day alright. I've got some awesome video of that first mud pit you found Matt, and after the D22 pulled you out, here comes Scott and just sort of dawdles into it, guns it a bit then STOPS!

I thought no way he's stuck. Then burble burble Gen III howl and out he comes, it was a crack up. Pure grunt with new chunky tyres and no stopping him.

I'll post up some pics on this thread and link some video as soon as I can,

Thanks again guys, :rock:

qldhol4wd111.jpg

Latest posts

Back