265/75 16 on a stock d40 or not ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOT THE BUG

Reaction score
Hi all,
i have a stock d40 & want to fit 265/75 16 on will they go or do i need a 2 inch lift first, am just after a bit more ground clearance & came across some cheap tyres.
Any advise appeciated...

tyres

they will fit but if you do not have a bar you only get about 1/2" clearance at the very bottom front of the front bumber, would only be a problem if you play in sticky mud or clay.:big_smile:

A few dealers in Brisbane have told me that they have fitted 265/75/16s to D40 with and without lift kits and everytime the tyres scrub on the inner guards.
Not an issue if its your weekend toy, but a real pain in the a$$ if its your daily driver...not to mention u were out your plastics inner guards and have to replace them and clean under the arches more thoroughly.
I was gonna go to this size but has since decided to just get 265/70/16s instead - BFG A/T's in LT construction!

Thanks Guys..

Thanks for the info & I think for now I will go with the 265/70/16s just to be safe. A lift is in the pipeline but not this year at least. Have to get snorkel & steel tray on rear first..

I run 265/75/R16 BFG AT's on stock rims no lift or 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on Victory's by Speedy and in both cases no rubbing or anything and definately zero lift and that was with or without the alloy .bullbar .If you do get slight rubbing then a heat gun will help massage the plastic out of harms way

I think you'll find Frontiers come stock with 265/75/16 in the states. I ran them for 2 months before I lifted & didn't feel a thing. Fixes speedo too.

I had Maxxis Bighorns fitted to my second set of alloys today,265/75/16.Standard height 3 year old suspension and there is clearance.Haven't road tested it properly yet but i can't see a problem.Almost every tyre dealer told me they wont fit but i pesisted.There must be a higher profit margin on 265/70/16's because thats the biggest they told me i could fit.

Last edited:
how did you go with the 265/75's on the navara with the stand height, was there any rubbing on the guards?

thats good then, i am in the process of getting new tires and really like the BFG mud terrain KM2's, but i dont have a lift kit on the ute yet and probably wont for a little while longer. The photos you have of your 4x4 is that still at the stand height? they look heaps better with the agressive tires on them!

Yep,standard height in the photos.Hoping to lift it in December.
The D40's definately go up a notch in the looks with lugs on the tyres.

D40 stx king cab. 265/75/16 BFG KM2's on standard STX rims. No dramas with clearing the guards or rubbing.

I'm not happy with how they balance. I'm not sure if I got a bad set of tyres or what but even after taking them back to the tyre fitters a second time for a re-balance I still have a noticeable steering wheel vibration at 100km/h.

D40 stx king cab. 265/75/16 BFG KM2's on standard STX rims. No dramas with clearing the guards or rubbing.

I'm not happy with how they balance. I'm not sure if I got a bad set of tyres or what but even after taking them back to the tyre fitters a second time for a re-balance I still have a noticeable steering wheel vibration at 100km/h.

I have had the same problems with all terrains, It seems the front end is very sensitive to tyre balancing.
I wonder if it's possible to fit a steering damper?

I know you guys have stated you got the tyres on standard rims but you also have to be careful of sunrasia rims too, a lot of em are not very well balanced, my first set vibrated like crazy, when i went back and asked to have them balanced without tyres they were way out, it took over 10 rims to balance to find 5 good balanced rims.

I get a bit of vibration(265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns)that i put down to been chunky tyres.
The noise they make makes me think they are not a smooth on road tyre.
They are not really made for the tar so i'm fine with it.

I just put bridgestone D694's on mine today (265/75R16), great ride and I reckon the speed increase is noticeable. They also look great after the 2" lift.

I just put bridgestone D694's on mine today (265/75R16), great ride and I reckon the speed increase is noticeable. They also look great after the 2" lift.

I am happy with my D694s. They're a good tyre and are substantially cheaper than the established 'brand name' ATs. They are real good in the sand - of which there is plenty down here.

Got my new wheels a couple of days ago on my stock D40 ST. Had some King steel rims 16x7 fitted with BFG A/T 265/75/16. Very happy. Just rubs on the front when on full lock. Hits the plastic flap that hangs under the front bumper, looks like you can take them off though. Will try and get a 2" lift done next week to see if that fixes it.
Will try and attach some picks (never done it before)
Dont know if it worked. Where is my 11 year old to help!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5262[1].jpg
    IMG_5262[1].jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 839
Sweet, that looks shit hot.

I have the same rims and tyres on order, was wondering what they would look like and you have answered my question in one glorious photo.

Guess i can see if that gaurd you mention can be manipulated before my stuff arrives.

wat offset are those rims u got, i was planning on getting a set of procomps in a -6 and was hoping for a bit of dish out of em

Latest posts

Back