265/75 16 on a stock d40 or not ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And with that shiny new 550 of yours, i might stay away from the illegal bigger size... i think the 265 75 16 (same as 265 70 17) look big enough.

Mate I have a set of 17x8 alloys with buggered 285/70 17 STT's on them (bought for wheels only, tyres to come one day) and I stuck them on my 550 to see how they look, definitely need a good lift, I think the OME is 35mm, I'd say you got no chance.
I'll be doing the suspension on mine first, then 265/70 tyres on those rims

Mate I have a set of 17x8 alloys with buggered 285/70 17 STT's on them (bought for wheels only, tyres to come one day) and I stuck them on my 550 to see how they look, definitely need a good lift, I think the OME is 35mm, I'd say you got no chance.
I'll be doing the suspension on mine first, then 265/70 tyres on those rims

Thanks for all the replies fella's - looks like I'm sorted then 265/70/17 - now which ones? BFG KM2 or Mickey T MTZ? I'm leaning heavily towards the BFG's.

Haha there is another thread for that argument... Id personally prefer the Mickeys cause they look good. but thats just another opinion among thousands on here...

I am about to put Bridgestone Dueller A/T 265/75/R16 on 16"X7" black sunrasias so hope they look good & don't cause any problems.

Will I get 33's on my 2inch lift I'm getting next week
I do a fair bit of offrroad .. I want the 33's for more clearance
But I'm asking the forum what they think ?
Or will I only get 265 on ?
I can't do body lift I live in vic so I need to no what's the best way to go about things.
Cheers Wayne

i got toughdog lift and 265/75 and clearance is pretty close not sure i would fit 285 have a look in my garage bottom 2 pics are lifted and 265's

navdog_d40 said:
Will I get 33's on my 2inch lift I'm getting next week
I do a fair bit of offrroad .. I want the 33's for more clearance
But I'm asking the forum what they think ?
Or will I only get 265 on ?
I can't do body lift I live in vic so I need to no what's the best way to go about things.
Cheers Wayne

The Tyres are just as much a defect as a body lift

Haha there is another thread for that argument... Id personally prefer the Mickeys cause they look good. but thats just another opinion among thousands on here...

Have ordered my new boots today - Mickey T MTZ 265/70/17
Had to go with these as there are no BFG KM2s in the country for 3 months
The stock alloys will also get black powdercoat - coz it looks tuff!

Last edited:
New dancin' shoes fitted - yay! Can't wait to get 'em dirty.

Attachments

• IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    219.6 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3506.jpg
    IMG_3506.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_3507.jpg
    IMG_3507.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 141
Hahaha well done. the 17s almost make the 32s look like low profile. Ive got some new KM2s going on tomorrow. Ill put a put up too...

Im going to have a whinge here... I was told the KM2s were ready to go on my ute for 320 each fitted. The tire shop just rang me and said that they must have misquoted me for the BF and cant even buy them for that price. So MTZ it is, $1320 fitted and balanced for 4.

I was going to go with the KM2 but was told by BFG that there is a 3 month wait - no stock in my size, hence the MTZ choice. $1990 F+B for 5. 17" are around $70 per tyre dearer than 16". Why? More actual tyre on 16" for less $$$ ?????

Just got a set of 265/75/16 MTZ for a mate for $350 F+B - be careful with the "in stock" KM2's - if they are grey imports BFG will not honour any warranty claims against them. (Apparently they can tell if they're grey import by a batch number?)

Yeah i was aware of the parallel imports. I asked the tyre dealer and he assured me they were fully covered by manufacturer warranty. I was told i could wait for the next container which could be 2 weeks or 2 months. But i was looking at the MTZ before the BF so it doesnt phase me too much. I just hope they dont scrub without the lift. and as for the price, the 33s in a 15" flotation tyre are even cheaper again. go figure...

Latest posts

Back