265/75 16 on a stock d40 or not ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gday mate i just fittered 265/75/16 bf goodrich at to my d40 st stock thai built nav
and there great no rubbing wat so ever
even with arb bar on it.

265/75/16 Fit with out any problem, a mate just put some MT ATZ on a Pathfinder and i have just put a set on my D40 with a 2" lift they fit well.

Does any one have 265/75/16 MTZ's on a 2007 D40? I am thinking about getting a set and was wanting some feedback from others who have them. No lift, just standard height.

Cheers

Lugz

Does any one have 265/75/16 MTZ's on a 2007 D40? I am thinking about getting a set and was wanting some feedback from others who have them. No lift, just standard height.

Cheers

Lugz
I have these exact tyres on a D40 2008 stock suspension. No problems ever. Used them all through the Vic High Country. Great tyres.

go all out mate! i got 2'' lift and the 265 75 r16 cooper at3s. on the subject of stock rims, has anybody recieved a letter stating a recall on d40 rims due to them cracking?? i have not recieved one for my 08 but a work mate has for his 06

You cant really!! trust anything the tyre retailers say, they just tell you what they want too sell. I have a mate that has 285/75/16's on his STX, with only a 2" lift and it does not rub any. your better of going by experience and by talking to people on here that have done it, rather then listening to tyre retailers.

D40 stx king cab. 265/75/16 BFG KM2's on standard STX rims. No dramas with clearing the guards or rubbing.

I'm not happy with how they balance. I'm not sure if I got a bad set of tyres or what but even after taking them back to the tyre fitters a second time for a re-balance I still have a noticeable steering wheel vibration at 100km/h.

I have 265/75 BFG KM2s on stock alloys and have no noticeable vibration at all at any speed. They do scrub (minor) on the inner flaps at full lock even with the torsion bars wound up 40mm (on my D22 NOT D40).

Why kind of heightened wear and tear on the gearing could we expect when you go to 265 75 r16???

Also has anyone ha any dramas with the police/rta/insurance I.e increasing the diameter too much?

My understanding is that VSB14 is to be adopted by the states which allows tyre size increases up to 50mm.

Check with your registration body. I know it appears to have already been adopted by Vicroads.

There is some talk on another forum that the 50mm rule may not apply, depending on the category of 4wd vehicle, whether it has electronic stability control, blah blah . It sounds very confusing & no definitive answers.

Last edited:
Just found out the hard way, should have read this post first. Just fitted BF Goodrich 265/75 16s and they both rubbed underneath the bumper bar at the bottom. So have booked the car in for a lift, I guess a Bull Bar would cure the problem as well.

Just found out the hard way, should have read this post first. Just fitted BF Goodrich 265/75 16s and they both rubbed underneath the bumper bar at the bottom. So have booked the car in for a lift, I guess a Bull Bar would cure the problem as well.

The bar would solve the problem all together. But if you put a bar on you will need to beef up the coils.
So the lift will be good ,but make sure you let them know if you intend to put a bar on, and if you will end up with a winch or not as you probably know that will make a difference as to what springs and shocks you will need.

Was this on an STX? cause other people are saying they fit, your saying they dont. About to order tyres and i want the 265 75 16, wont be able to get a lift till tax time at least...

Happy to report that i have had my 265/75/16 Cooper ST fitted to the recall replaced factory alloys with zero suspension lift, on a 2007 STX dually. Apart from looking a shitload better than the semi slicks that were on it before, the ute feels way better to drive. As others have said, my first gear goes past 10km/h before i have to change into second. As far as power is concerned, it does feel like its lost that that snappy bit of boost as you reach past 2,750rpm, but i dont ever take it past 3k so it doesnt bother me. Cant say ill ever go back to the factory size, i think nissan got it wrong anyway. This coupled with my newly painded black roll bars, im loving my rig all over again.

G'day all,
I can't make a decision - 265/70/17 or 285/70/17. Will the 285's scrub or not? The nav has OME suspension but it odesn't look much higher than stock. There is a bullbar on the way - should have it before the tyres go on.
Cheers
Jase.

Jase V9X said:
G'day all,
I can't make a decision - 265/70/17 or 285/70/17. Will the 285's scrub or not? The nav has OME suspension but it odesn't look much higher than stock. There is a bullbar on the way - should have it before the tyres go on.
Cheers
Jase.

I would defiantly wait for the bullbar to go on before beefing up the tyres.
Remember the bigger you go the less fuel econ you'll get.
And not always does bigger tyres mean better traction I.e sand and loss of power etc

Latest posts

Back