Installing Calmini upper control arms - DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boosted

Reaction score
Hi all, just installed my Calmini 3" upper control arm kit. So I thought i'd put up a DIY page on how to fit them.

YOU WILL NEED TO GET A WHEEL ALIGNMENT IMMEDIATLY AFTER DOING THIS INSTALL

Step 1. I wont put remove wheel because im hoping if you are going to attemp this then you know how to pull a wheel off. So remove the split pin on the underside of the upper control arm joint then remove the nut. I opted to cut away the grease seal on the ball joint so I could get my ball joint seperator into place.

This is a ball joint seperator. I recommend one of these unless you have had previously seperated the ball joint in a different way. I'll also ad BE CAREFUL when doing this as when the ball joint lets go it really lets go.

Seperating the joint

I cant stress this enough BE CAREFUL when the joint lets go

Last edited:
Step 2 - Remove the 2 bolts holding in the upper control arm.

Remember to keep the bolt and lobe together so as not to lose them.

Step 3 - Remove the control arm

Step 4 - Fit all the bushes and sleeve into the arm (Sorry I didnt take a photo of this) and put the arm into place and insert bolts making sure to keep the adjusting lobe on the top side of the bolt.

Step 5 - Fit ball joint to the arm and tighten.

Step 6 - Insert the bolt through hub assembly hole and tighten bolt.

Step 7 - Tighten up fairly tight and replace split pin.

Step 8 - Tighten 2 main upper bolts but dont worry about the position of the lobes as after doing this install you will need to have a wheel allignment done and these will be adjusted by them.

Step 9 - Grease ball joint and 2 upper bolts.

Step 10 - Fit wheel and adjust to your desired height

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask!

Nice mate thanks for the picks, is the gap between your shock and the arm the same as a standard one? I'm now thinking of doing this before my exhaust... The wife is on my case about my list.... It's ment to get smaller not bigger apparently.

The new arm fits around the shock lot better. I have big dents in the shock from the old arms but the new arms seem to fit nicely around them. I'd personally go the exhuast. I got this kit cause I do a lot of creek and gully driving and need a lot more clearence. But I love the sound of a diesel with a good exhaust

YouTube - Navara 3" exhaust

Do these arms make you able to place a coil spacer or bigger shock/spring safely so you can lift up the front more?

How much did they set you back?

they look the same mine but mine are snakeracing upper arms prob do the same job did u change the torsion bars aswell?

Dave or powers that be could this be stickied? Nice work on the write up, after winding my torsion bars up to fit bigger tyres this is my next install i think

Last edited:
Lol i was talking to the missus about these control arms and was told no more is to be spent on my rig until she gets her tattoo that she wants. so she's getting that tattoo mighty quick now haha

Lol i was talking to the missus about these control arms and was told no more is to be spent on my rig until she gets her tattoo that she wants. so she's getting that tattoo mighty quick now haha

Haha your lucky. I had to import a set of Prada sunglasses and a hair straightener for my wife to let me buy mine

These are required for lifts over 2" yer?

As far as i know its helps with getting a better wheel allignment with 2" and above lifts

Thanks Boosted
nice write up
now if I just had some decent drawings I could start fabbing up my own set,
might see if I can measure up of the originals if anyone knows the exact differance in angle please let me know

Latest posts

Back