Installing Calmini upper control arms - DIY

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys.

Thought i would update everyone as to the dilemma i have come across. When i first looked into upper control arms all us Qlders had to do was install and have modplated by an approved certifier. Now with the new NCOP rules for modifying our beloved toys these arms are illegal. They are not adr approved and cannot be mod plated as the code no longer works and certifiers dont have the qualifications. The only way to have it approved is to have a set tested by NARTA which they will destroy them and either say yes or no then have your vehicle certified by an engineer.

If anyone has any other info or wishes to correct me or provide me with a number of someone that will modplate these let me know. I will hopefully be fitting these this weekend.

Rusty

That's hard to take when you look how flimsy the standard ones are. Maybe we could take one of each and ask them which one they would rather thrown at them. :).

Hey guys sorry for the delay ,been flat out with work so I had a few dilemmas with the truck the idiot that originally installed them had wound up the front of the car so high that the new calmini uca's were sitting on the bump stops that's y it was riding so bad n I checked the car as soon as I got home and noticed this . Next day took it bak dropped the front down abit redone alignment still wasn't feeling right .than after that I started hearing a really bad sound metal hitting metal and I was scared that something serious happend . Ended up taking to my dads wheel alignment guy that he uses for his semi and found all the problems . That metal on metal sound was the second bash plate under the car not the one that's part of the bullbar 6 bolts were missing out of there . The passenger side was lower than the drivers side height . And redone the alignment and raised the front with 20mm gap between bump stops . The car is driving awesome again ! Only problem I have now is the 32"s still rubbing on the front what can I do ?

George what height have you got on the front measured from bottom of rim to guard? I posted mine a few posts back. It's 775mm and so is navmanias with the same set up. I still had rubbing to so just recently got the heat gun out and smoothed the mud flap out. It got rid of the bit of mud flap that steps out. It's pretty clear where it hits. Since doing that I've eliminated all rubbing even with it fully flexed up and on full lock.

I took the first one off the car and did it and didn't turn out the best, the 2nd one I left on the car and did it and that turned out really well and looks neat.

-Tyler

Hey Tyler I will measure tomorrow and get back to u I really am so frustrated with the rubbing on the front I have cut and modified mudflaps trimmed the plastic behind the mudflaps that covers the guard if u know what I mean . And nor the metal is exposed and the tyres are hitting and damaging the tyres wen on full lock and flexed . I really don't want to cut metal on the car . I just don't understand how guys can fit 32"s with no lift with no dramas n I have 2" tough dog lift with the calmini uca's which is really nearly a 3" lift n it's rubbing this much .. Bloody over it

Latest posts

Back