Swags. What would you recomend?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is how i chose mine (Downunder Buffalo)
2) Decide on the style of swag
Hoops or no Hoops
I prefer no hoops because a swag is a swag not a tent. Unroll and tie the head end to bull bar or tree done! You may prefer hoops if you like the canvas off of you.
Mesh at head and/or feet and/or over head
QUOTE]

I use mine with and without the hoops depending on the camp and also roll it out inside the tent as it contains all our bedding and pillows when set up for longer camping.

If it is going on the roof then I would budjet for a swag bag too, keeps the rain and bugs off your swag. "The Swagman" bag rolls out as a ground sheet under your swag with flaps at the sides to put your boots under.

Cheers

Found this Darche Swags and Camping Direct Pty Ltd - SWAGS - Darche Superdome Single Swag
Free bag and pillow included. Dimensions are the same for what most call King size. Free shipping. $349

Aido - that is very similar to mine -infact I think Darche used to make the 'High Country' brand for Aussie Disposals.

The CampEzi Rafferty dome swag is a cool looking set up - and a good price.

My set up with the fold up canvas stretcher has never left me feeling cold.

Found this Darche Swags and Camping Direct Pty Ltd - SWAGS - Darche Superdome Single Swag
Free bag and pillow included. Dimensions are the same for what most call King size. Free shipping. $349
The brother inlaw has had one if these for the past twelve or so years and says it's money well spent. He's a pretty big bloke and reckons it's comfortable, has had it in pissing down rain and stayed dry, it's also had a complete caning since the day he bought it and still looks the part. That's all the info I need to make me fork out the dollars for one! That and the freebies of course!!

Cheers Brad

Looking around at the moment for a decent quality swag and would like some input from those that have used them and what style or features would be recommended.
Budgeting about $400.
So what's good and what's bad?

Have you made a choice yet?

Yep looked at them too.
Have you used it yet. Looks quality but how does it fare in the real world?

Yeah used it a few times now, im quite happy with it. mattress is comfy and havent had any problems with water.

I think a tree may have interrupted the camping accommodation plans.

Should have coughed up for the Darche last week......
This week has brought about....
Tree $400
+ Body Corp $1100
+ Car rego $576
+ Car insurance $420
+ Rear Leaves $650
+ Too many birthdays and christenings we must buy a card / gift for. $ ?
Not to bloody mention the 2 mortgages plus the day to day expenses.

Its a wonder I can afford to drink....But some how the good lord provides :devil:

Seriously though if anybody needs a kidney I'm open to offers.

Should have coughed up for the Darche last week......
This week has brought about....
Tree $400
+ Body Corp $1100
+ Car rego $576
+ Car insurance $420
+ Rear Leaves $650
+ Too many birthdays and christenings we must buy a card / gift for. $ ?
Not to bloody mention the 2 mortgages plus the day to day expenses.

Its a wonder I can afford to drink....But some how the good lord provides :devil:

Seriously though if anybody needs a kidney I'm open to offers.

I thought i had a bad week $ 60 for a wheel alignment:sarcastic:

ahha u guys got nothing...
cracked my windscreen $400
didnt get the dream job that i went for the second interview with
lost my wallet which is a bitch to get all ur cards back
and to top it off dislocated my shoulder so ive had the week off cause i tore 3 muscles in my shoulder.... so bundy has been my best friend

Hmmm
DOUBLE CAMPING DELUX DOME CANVAS SWAG TENT, GREEN (eBay item 350436841880 end time 10-Feb-11 18:08:23 AEDST) : Sport

Camping Swag, Swags, King Single Swag. 400gsm Canvas (eBay item 200573442515 end time 09-Feb-11 20:00:58 AEDST) : Sport

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm liking the optional accessories on this one....edit it seems you get what you pay for. Hope they are all out of that "Model" cause she looks like she would whine like an EH diff.....
SUPER KING LARGE SINGLE 210x115cm SWAG 140Z CANVAS (eBay item 320653367160 end time 09-Feb-11 20:19:45 AEDST) : Sport
442823789_tp.jpg

Last edited:
Right there with you Aido! I've had a look at their biker swag in person and although it isn't ripstop canvas like this one it was still pretty good quality. I particularly like the room in the Jardine and the fact it has a foot vent! But for me I've come full circle on the swag idea and I'll prob get a small tent because the young bloke being seven now, will likely be joining me on future weekend campouts. (that's the plan this week lol)

Cheers Brad

Latest posts

Back