future musters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sparra04

Reaction score
We are 4 mths into the new year, 6 mths since the last muster
so
do we have one this year?
where?
when?
there have been discussions behind the scenes, but the muster can only proceed with YOUR SUPPORT

do we keep it as a paying event with sponsors, insurance, raffles ect like the last 2
OR
do we pick a spot for our exclusive use, keep the costs right down and have no sponsors/raffles ect, and just get out there and get dirty, camp for 2 nights, no insurance costs ect??

do we want another navkharna like last year?

with time getting on we better start acting now if we want any sort of event this year

SO.....what are peoples thoughts?

maybe every 2nd year?

Last edited:
Don't everyone jump in too quick........
Queue tumbleweed picture ...

I may have to hire a Nav but I'm keen and I don't mind paying, I also like the idea of a big free meet up somewhere close to some tracks that we can all get some wheeling done.
The last Lithgow meet we almost had as many as the muster.
Maybe we could camp at Danjera dam (Yalwal) and do a few days in low range around the area, tracks like monkey gum are up there with the best trails I've done with a bit of everything in it from ruts to steep to mud pits and even u little creek crossing (depth depends on rain could be a few inches or could be few feet )
BUT you will need a few mods for that track

Or we could all enter the SON OF TRAILS as a group at the November round
Great weekend for everyone and all levels of experience and 4x4
You can choose what courses you want to do, so if you don't like the look of one don't do it.
There are great prizes up for grabs, as well as great location not far from Wombeyan Caves

Anyway just a suggestion to get things started

Last edited:
Well in all reality my thoughts are it should be paid event with insurance and sponsors ECT.

It allows us to promote the forum also...!

Raffles etc is a top idea. Best truck on the day!

Making it a two day event would be awesome, camp somewhere overnight.

ADMIN: guys you have to think of the running costs of this great fourm!!
Making it paid event allows you to make a little bit of money and recoup some of the running costs.
Also it allows you guys to do a bit more promotional work, with the profits if you so choose..

As for the location of the events???

I guess that one will have to be decided!!

Anyways that's my two cents worth!!

Cheers
Geoff

GOT A V6 PETROL, BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE!

ALL profits from previous muster raffles has been donated to RFDS
tony (treasurer) will know exact amounts
The "muster" is not financially linked to the forum in any way

Last edited:
no need to hire a nav nathan
I will probably be in a vitara or jimni
we can camp together.........waaaay............................................................................................................................................................over here

Last edited:
Id be keen for a meeting and don't mind paying for entry or whatever.

Promotion of the forum would be good as well

no need to hire a nav nathan
I will probably be in a vitara or jimni
we can camp together.........waaaay............................................................................................................................................................over here

:makeout: HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHA nah iv got mine Nath but am happy to use that one, i find you can never have too many.

on a serious note:I`m in for the trip either way, but i like the idea of a paid event (similar to last years) only because if its a free attendance type meet we can arrange that anytime, (as we almost already do). Also if you pay your more likely to attend rather then pay it off.
I also find that after the muster be it 1 week 2 weeks 2 months or more that people are keen to meet again (like Lithgow) and you get a good turn out as Nath mentioned.
As for locations im not too fussed as long as there is mud and a challenge then im happy to travel, was fun last time and am happy to smash out another trip.

Last edited:
I've not been here , domestic duties . But name the place and I will be there , so long as its not in WA . Sorry guys :D

http://www.navaramuster.com.au/
Go to the videos down the bottom of the bottom, this is what it's all about!!!

For the new members that have come on board!

Cheers
Geoff

GOT A V6 PETROL, BUT I LIKE TO CUSTOMISE!

Those vids should be updated with some from the actual event. there was vids taken from the trails, the day trip and the "Navkhana" which would be great to do a montage of and throw up on the website.

I thought there were a fresh bunch of forumites that already put their hands up for organising this yrs event?

Old.Tony has my constructive feedback from the 2013 event along with others I am sure.
The last I heard it was going to be in NSW - but that appears to have caved.

Not working still makes it very difficult to afford the total cost of travel to an event like this. But I am happy to assist the committee to get it organised :)

Those vids should be updated with some from the actual event. there was vids taken from the trails, the day trip and the "Navkhana" which would be great to do a montage of and throw up on the website.

luke has most of the footage from last years muster
i sent him a usb with vids and pics,as did others
i believe he has moved to nth qld and no longer logs on
thanks luke, great job mate, appreciate it :thefinger:

Last edited:
I thought there were a fresh bunch of forumites that already put their hands up for organising this yrs event?

Old.Tony has my constructive feedback from the 2013 event along with others I am sure.
The last I heard it was going to be in NSW - but that appears to have caved.

Not working still makes it very difficult to afford the total cost of travel to an event like this. But I am happy to assist the committee to get it organised :)

we do have feedback from last year
there have been discussions behind the scenes
what we need is to gauge the interest in another event
what do people want,? where do they want it?

ados was good, great property owner, central to all eastern states and some great tracks

What about we make it at the SON OF TRIALS, all the organising of the location, events, food can be bought, there is a great river for swimming and washing, Heaps of other 4x4's around to check out, you can just camp and watch or compete its totally your choice,
we can still have our own in house raffles and prizes and our own winners from the event itself,
we can also have pretty much our own camping area for those who want to camp away from the pack they can do that too.
Also for those coming from interstate its very close to the freeway and if you want to arrive early you can stay down at the Wombeyan Caves and do some site seeing of some of the best limestone caves in Aus.

I know i mentioned it earlier but now i think about it it seems like a valid option.

what about a meet at wombyen caves on the same weekend as SOT
that way ppl who cant access sot river with vans can camp at the caves and drive into sot to compete or go sight seeing elsewhere

Back