future musters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what about a meet at wombyen caves on the same weekend as SOT
that way ppl who cant access sot river with vans can camp at the caves and drive into sot to compete or go sight seeing elsewhere

Thats is a great idea mate, gives everyone a chance to meet in the one location and you can camp there and use all the amenities the caves has from shower blocks to camp kitchens, do some tours of the caves and head up to the "SOT" venue for either watching and swimming or to compete, and because you can pick and choose when and what events you want to do it still leaves it a fun day or two as you can do the events at your own pace.

the Wombeyan area is awesome that time of year and its far enough away from Xmas not to interfere with that lot of holidays

I reckon last year went well we all have trouble getting leave and injuries ect with our ranger made it hard but it went ahead paying up front suited us the only issue i saw was the itinerary was not given and those that arrived had to rush to get to the Navcarna or get their kids ready for the Condamine run with 10mins notice shame about the missing footage surely it will turn up the worst i have seen is a well known member bogged with a trailer full of wood assisted by a patrol from the previous muster i am more pissed i missed out on Scotties rig hope whatever is organized is funn for all.

Wombeyan works for me! I haven't been there since I was a kid. Great spot and I've been thinking on taking my pair to see the caves for some time now, two birds with one stone......

Im in just set the dates so i can save an get time off.. Dnt pick a busy week where ever we go or be pretty crowded on the tracks. Was pretty good how we had last year pretty much to our selfs. Hot showers r good!!

Gonzo make another one of them signs to please haha couple of them or hole heap ha

For me its about seeting a date so i can tell both the mowfsa and the boss to book my time off. Also info on SOT to organise travel time aswell

Rusty

Have a read of this, if you click on the pic it will take you to my Photobucket album from 2012 SOT + event (there is even a few pic of Sparra in the mightyD22)

Let me know if it looks like something you may be keen on doing, for those that went to last years Muster you would of got a little taste of the sort of events on offer.

Any questions let me know. and Mike is spot on.

Here is a link to the web site

http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son-of-trials/

Oh and if we did combine it with camping at wombeyan caves the event is between 30 - 40min drive up a dirt road from the caves camp site. and for those that didnt want to do all the events you can explore around the caves take some tours through the caves with NP rangers and do some walking trails down by the river or do some of the self guided tours.

Mmm great memories and a great trip
driving past the turnoff today bought back some great memories
highly recomended event

Last edited:
Have a read of this, if you click on the pic it will take you to my Photobucket album from 2012 SOT + event (there is even a few pic of Sparra in the mightyD22)

Let me know if it looks like something you may be keen on doing, for those that went to last years Muster you would of got a little taste of the sort of events on offer.

Any questions let me know. and Mike is spot on.

Here is a link to the web site

http://www.nissanpatrolclub.org/son-of-trials/

Oh and if we did combine it with camping at wombeyan caves the event is between 30 - 40min drive up a dirt road from the caves camp site. and for those that didnt want to do all the events you can explore around the caves take some tours through the caves with NP rangers and do some walking trails down by the river or do some of the self guided tours.

Mmm great memories and a great trip
driving past the turnoff today bought back some great memories
highly recomended event

:dontknow: what and didnt call in on the way pasted :hmmmm2:

Was wondering what had happen to lukey boy, i am happy where ever its ends up being. SOT seems like a great weekend even if you dont compete and spectate instead, my only hesitation would be camping and driving with a thoussaannddd other people that we dont know as this has a habbit of attracting the Di*khead minority, though this maybe ok if we camp at the caves.
i cant suggest a better area as im from the snowies and only really know the high country, the only area close by that i know a little of is the Lithgow area and that worked well last time we went out, we even ended up with over a dozen trucks.

I did like the fact that the last one was fairly selective to Nav members, i do like the idea of it being close to SOT. If SOT is 2 days why dont we try and make the muster 4 days minimum that way we can spend 2 days with the SOT (camped nearby if possible, private area even better) and 2 days (or more) doing our own thing??. could be arranged with either a day before and a day after the SOT or 2 days before and the last 2 with SOT or first 2 days with SOT and we do 2 days after, many options that way.
Obviously this is only a suggestion as this way we have best of both worlds. To be honest we wouldnt need to organise too many events, i like the relaxation of it all and the ability to put small groups together and head off like we did last years, as the smaller the group the better the tips are from the more experienced gents.
Anyways thats my suggestions, take it or leave it im happy either way. im happy to help where i can as best i can, i am a little limited on funds and time at the moment but will do my best to assit.

Disclamer: Had a massive week moving house and working nights so i hope that all makes sense like i think it did in my head. ;)

On the way back mate
wednesday.......ish
On my way to scotties
Perched at the bar at holbrook pub for the night
Room upstairs
Mmmm jd

Last edited:
Camping at sot is great
Camp in a group
The majority are mature and well behaved.....and pissed

You can actually do all events at SOT in one day, as there is no order to which event you do first or last you can drive around and jump in the lines that are the shortest and that way you dont end up waisting half the day in line ups.

Passed 2 on i think im not sure. But the sign for me was the best prize haha. At least ya wont miss me wen ya pass by..

Well guys, there's terrible news.

I met 'Shrek' (those who went to the 2011 Muster will remember him) yesterday in town - he lives just up the road from us now. Apparently Peter and Louise - owners of Ados 4WD Park - lost everything in the bushfires that nearly took out Siding Springs. They've sold up and headed out further west.

Now I know how much Louise loved her horses and I know how much Peter cared for the cattle. They watched the poor animals burn and couldn't cope with it. I truly hope their wounds will heal and they'll start to enjoy life again.

As a result the property known as 'Dooroombah' (which means 'The Land Of The Black Snake') has oddly enough passed back into the hands of the original owners' family. It is no longer a 4WD park and may never be one again.

So we can't go there!

I like the sound of Wombeyan, a little concerned that the Navara Muster will be associated with the SOT but if we only do it for one year it should be fine. The good news on that score: there's plenty of facilities at Wombeyan Caves Complex and the rangers will even set aside an area for us.

The better news - not everyone will go to SOT, some people will stay at the campsite so those wanting to go can do so without worrying about their camping gear.

We've camped there before and toured the caves - they are fantastic, and we've been in quite a few caves now. One of them is a self-guided tour and the rest are guided.

There are TWO paths to get in to the complex, one from Mittagong which is okay if you're not towing or overheight, and one from Goulburn which is completely safe if you're towing, just take care on the narrow sections of road and do the corners slowly.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of traffic we'd see on that weekend, especially when I hear about SOT and the long queues of cars just waiting to get into the site.

On the plus side of that, we generally don't run a 2-day Muster, we'd be running it as a 3-day event so everyone should be in and camped by the Friday arvo - perfect!

Back