future musters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a little concerned about the amount of traffic we'd see on that weekend, especially when I hear about SOT and the long queues of cars just waiting to get into the site.

On the plus side of that, we generally don't run a 2-day Muster, we'd be running it as a 3-day event so everyone should be in and camped by the Friday arvo - perfect!

No need to be concerned about the amount of traffic or the long queues of cars waiting to get in there,
I have been there for the last three years and have seen any queues other then for the actual events and those queues are only around 10 -12 cars but can be avoided, also the entry gate to the event is about 10km form the main road so even if the SOT does get busy it would not affect us.
The other factor is that the SOT property is at the Mittagong end so all traffic associated with the event will come for Mittagaong end and not the Caves end, so for those heading to the event (if thats what ends up happening) will be going from the quite end and only really have to worry about other muster attendees.

The other suggestion is maybe we could kick off early Friday set up thursday so we can all hang before SOT and it leaves sunday for the wrap up??

im going out to bylong 4x4 park at easter I could let use know how it is

That'd be good. Alternatives are always appreciated!

That would be good, it was one of the places we talked about behind the scenes directly after the last muster.
Grab as many pics and video clips as possible, would love to see more of that place,
could be a great location.

If SOT events are being run on Sunday as well, some of the Muster attendees might want to go to that (since about the only 4WDing to be done in that part of the world will be at SOT), so if our timetable coincided with theirs a bit it'd be better for us.

Usually the committee shows up a day early anyway to make sure everything is set up. Someone has to put the road signs up and figure out where we're all going to camp!

There are some powered campsites at the Wombeyan complex too. They're a little further away from where the rangers want us to set up, and they'd need to be catered for separately. Not sure how to deal with that - might be that they'll let us run a genny or 4. I don't mind sharing power if someone wants to bring a couple of litres of unleaded with 'em!

im going out to bylong 4x4 park at easter I could let use know how it is

Seems a viable alternative, i didnt even know the place existed so i may use it in the future anyways, it would allow for a similar repeat of the last muster, though the amenities are a little less functional but im sure we could cope.

We're going to go past there at Easter, we're heading up to the Hill End area for the break. Will be stopped at a rest area on the Thursday night on the way up there, not sure when we'll get there because I have to work that day and the van's up at this house, so we have to drive here, hook up, do the final pack and have dinner before we go.

Hill End is a great spot as you know i was there not long ago, make sure you enter Bridle track from Hill End and not Bathurst side (good camping on both sides but the best is Hill End). Lots of heritage there and plenty to see and do. Might be worth a drop in and a chat to the 4x4 park owners.

Well guys, there's terrible news.

I met 'Shrek' (those who went to the 2011 Muster will remember him) yesterday in town - he lives just up the road from us now. Apparently Peter and Louise - owners of Ados 4WD Park - lost everything in the bushfires that nearly took out Siding Springs. They've sold up and headed out further west.

Now I know how much Louise loved her horses and I know how much Peter cared for the cattle. They watched the poor animals burn and couldn't cope with it. I truly hope their wounds will heal and they'll start to enjoy life again.

As a result the property known as 'Dooroombah' (which means 'The Land Of The Black Snake') has oddly enough passed back into the hands of the original owners' family. It is no longer a 4WD park and may never be one again.

So we can't go there!

I like the sound of Wombeyan, a little concerned that the Navara Muster will be associated with the SOT but if we only do it for one year it should be fine. The good news on that score: there's plenty of facilities at Wombeyan Caves Complex and the rangers will even set aside an area for us.

The better news - not everyone will go to SOT, some people will stay at the campsite so those wanting to go can do so without worrying about their camping gear.

We've camped there before and toured the caves - they are fantastic, and we've been in quite a few caves now. One of them is a self-guided tour and the rest are guided.

There are TWO paths to get in to the complex, one from Mittagong which is okay if you're not towing or overheight, and one from Goulburn which is completely safe if you're towing, just take care on the narrow sections of road and do the corners slowly.

I'm a little concerned about the amount of traffic we'd see on that weekend, especially when I hear about SOT and the long queues of cars just waiting to get into the site.

On the plus side of that, we generally don't run a 2-day Muster, we'd be running it as a 3-day event so everyone should be in and camped by the Friday arvo - perfect!

Thats a shame, not that i knew it ever existed but would have been a good drive.

Are we there yet!!
June is nearly upon us.
Just tell us... WE will come...
Any idea of dates and destination.

P.S. Any one thought about Loveday 4x4 park in the riverlands.

http://www.loveday4x4adventures.com/

i`d love-a-day here (hehe) looks the goods, has everything we need and not too far for everyone to travel too, if we looked at here its maybe a little cold depending what dates were looking at, i`d suggest october novemeber so between winter and summer, not too hot not too cold.

image-651889171.jpg

Na not far at all mofo just down the road from me Haha

Just take an extra day or two off, pack the misses up and away yoou go.Good excuse to tour down south. Might wanna upgrade to a D22 for the trip though. bunk in at my joint in Sydney for the night if ya like.

Hopefully have me car tuned before then get me fuel back. Need them dates set so we can book in holidays.. Yea mofo sounds good.

this is wrong I took my 4x4 club up there last easter 2013 and they still owned the property the fires didn't destroy any of the property and they where glad to see a 4x4 club using the place unless they have sold the property since we are going back there latter in the year with my club

Yeah, I think I might just monitor this post until something is booked in for where and when and ill be there!

Well SOT is on the 1st and 2nd of Novemeber, good time of year i think not too hot but not too cold so camp fires should be ok and swimming for the kids is alos on the cards, i think having it on or around this weekend should be good, i say this for two reasons - mainly because it wont matter where we hold the muster, those who want to go to the SOT can and we could have the muster on the previous days or following days so they could then attend the SOT for example, if we have the muster at a 4x4 park you could come to the muster have the muster (Oct 28/29/30 Nov) end it on friday 31st then you could head to the SOT, or go to SOT then come to the muster on say 3/4/5 Nov. or have a spare day inbetween for travel and set up etc.
Alternativly we could hold it as suggested geographically closer to the SOT and somewhat combine them or a few weeks apart and completly separate.
As mentioned i like separately for a more exclusive navara.asia muster, i like to travel to these things as well, plus there is a bigger learning curb for all of us and less intereferance from outside inteference, but thats just me.
i dont hate the idea of SOT either hence my suggestion of two complete seperate events (that way i can try and do both).

Maybe Admin could load up a poll on these and other options thats been suggested so we could find what the majority like the idea of as that may allow for a set date at least and if were lucky a location too. My 2c let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Back