future musters

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yea bylong was a good weekend until I blew the front diff. there is 2 camp site and another 1 just getting set up there is no showers there is pit dunnys plus the 2 main camp sites do have a shelter each. the tracks were good that we went on there is a few hardcore ones but most r easy to medium,there is some wombat holes then there is a playground area with more wombat holes and other little holes plus he is still making new tracks so it is only going to get better and it is only 2.5-3hrs from Newcastle n much the same from sydney

I think Raffa needs to organise a weekend up there. Not May - looks like a Watagan trip for then, and maybe not September (cold, cold, cold), but December with a campover? Raffa?

stay tuned
I believe there may be an announcement soon
time is running out, real fast

Sorry Sparra iv been flat out at work didnt see your respons, but your poll seems good enough, possibly a vote on alternative locations, i think dates is ok provided there is enough notice.
nath is right if you build it!!

Sorry Sparra iv been flat out at work didnt see your respons, but your poll seems good enough, possibly a vote on alternative locations, i think dates is ok provided there is enough notice.
nath is right if you build it!!

IMO No vote on locations, it just gets messy and leaves people disappointed their suggestion didnt get any traction, Personally i think the committee should just pick from what they think is the best location for them to run a solid event.

Just crack on fellas, im sure once you pick the final date and location numbers will come more easily.

Not sure if anyone knows the area but i was doing a LITTLE research and found this place, im not sure how big it is but if its decided to go with the SOT weekend this place has all the things we need including hot shower. Seems close-ish too (couple of K`s north on the same road). just a suggestion.

http://www.wollondillyriverstation.com/id15.html

Cheers Steve

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone knows the area but i was doing a LITTLE research and found this place, im not sure how big it is but if its decided to go with the SOT weekend this place has all the things we need including hot shower. Seems close-ish too (couple of K`s north on the same road). just a suggestion.

Cheers Steve

Yep. that sounds like a nice place, private, and fishing as well.

Cheers Steve

I stayed there 3 years ago, we based ourselves there for 5 days
great spots along the river, not much open space, caught heaps of turtles, roos come down to drink, foxes steal your eggs and buns, goanna's strolling through your camp
the issue is caravan access, there were no hot showers when we were there and the loos were unusable, but it is a nice spot

Last edited:

Cheers Steve

Its a nice property but the owner has been described as a grumpy bugger and can be hard to get along with, it is an option though.

IMO The camp grounds at the caves them self are pretty good and would suit a wide verity of peoples needs ,
NPWS will exclude and rope off a camp zone specifically for us
we can have a fire,
it has male and female shower blocks,
a big camp enclosed kitchen with wash basin ect that we can use,
some can rent a cabin if they get in early enough,
the walk to the river is short but plenty to see and the caves them selves are some of if not the best limestone caves in AUS and there is one you can do on your own by purchasing a token from the NPWS office where you can also buy some food and essentials it also has a basic gift shop post cards ect

I'm looking at atrip up the high country end of June start of July if anyone wants to see the HC. It'd be great for the Queenslanders, bitterly cold weather and quite close.

On a serious note, has any work been done on who is in/on the committee and who is not?

Maybe we need some fresh blood in the committee??? I'm mentioning this not to bag anyone out, but maybe some new/fresh heads will get things going........

I'm looking at atrip up the high country end of June start of July if anyone wants to see the HC. It'd be great for the Queenslanders, bitterly cold weather and quite close.

On a serious note, has any work been done on who is in/on the committee and who is not?

Maybe we need some fresh blood in the committee??? I'm mentioning this not to bag anyone out, but maybe some new/fresh heads will get things going........

high country is on my to do list, but not this year

we are trying to organise a committee meeting now
if anyone wishes to donate there time and join the committee simply send a pm to old tony, all help appreciated

cheers

Maybe they wont be so grumpy when 20-30 D22`s, 2 D40`s and 1 Ranger turn up, hehehe :). little bit of money in the coffer for them. I`m happy to camp where ever just throwing suggestions out there.

Just my 2c based on involvement of a few other organisations;

A) having your OWN event is better then tagging onto someone elses.
B) The killer is being able to do something there and the various 4WD parks are the easy solution, but as done last year, you can always do a drive somewhere else. The hard park is finding one.
C) People just have to accept that events will vary and there will be good and bad years. Great weather is boring <vbg>.
D) If you are trying to be national, try to give away people a long weekend to ease the travel burden and try to announce the next one at the close of the last one(Hint to vic or Sa for 2015/6).

My suggestion(if I'm not crossing or missed C;ttee decision in abscence.
Bylong 4wd Park Friday 3rd to Mon 6th October 2014
I was able to find positive write ups and pictures(stills & videos) on three 4WD forums on the web. Has anyone been there yet?
Info says it will hold 30 and pictures indicate flat sites.
Seems to have stacks of state forest nearby(other tracks?,firewood?)
Date is the end of School holidays wih Qld & NSW having long weekend, but not Vic.
Weather X "generally good " X AFAR.
Facilities are basic, but river has swimming(?)

Back