Calmini UCA's illegal!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

BIG GUS

Paid a visit to QLD Transport Inspectors today to get the low down on a few things, Calmini UCA's are illegal without an Engineers Certificate attached, extended rear shackles are ok with the same certificate, this all falls under current NCOP & QCOP Codes of Practice, now I shall sit back and wait for all the arguments ha-ha

I've always known that changing out your UCAS was illegal with out the right paperwork.... Cop must really know his shit to pick them on the side of the road though

I got my PRG UCA engineered so fully legal.Anything other than spring and shock replacement is basically illegal without engineering.
You want the argument try telling people you need to get your after market wheels engineered !!!

I got my PRG UCA engineered so fully legal.Anything other than spring and shock replacement is basically illegal without engineering.
You want the argument try telling people you need to get your after market wheels engineered !!!

Yeah i'm hearing you mate,my 305's just scrap in with 6mm over according to them wheel size is ok as long as the tyre is the right size for that rim???

A neighbour had his upper control arm shear apart a few weeks ago, just slowed down from 100kph. They are factory control arms. Was lucky no damage, but you could imagine the shit storm if he had of crashed, with factory arms it would be seen as wear and tear, but if they were after market arms it would of been a legal nightmare

A neighbour had his upper control arm shear apart a few weeks ago, just slowed down from 100kph. They are factory control arms. Was lucky no damage, but you could imagine the shit storm if he had of crashed, with factory arms it would be seen as wear and tear, but if they were after market arms it would of been a legal nightmare

Yes that is why after market usa's have to be certified, as does any other suspension mod.

It's funny you say that calmini arms are illegal. Mine are 100% legal cause I have them mod plated by a certified mod plate engineer. Ever wondered where snake racing and caloffroad get there arms from? Calmini is your source and this is the reason why they have to manufacture them when you order them from calmini.

So when the cop pulls you over saying they are illegal I flash the mod plate and state they are snake racing ucaand he can search the car all he wants but I've kept it legal for a reason.

Rusty

It's funny you say that calmini arms are illegal. Mine are 100% legal cause I have them mod plated by a certified mod plate engineer. Ever wondered where snake racing and caloffroad get there arms from? Calmini is your source and this is the reason why they have to manufacture them when you order them from calmini.

So when the cop pulls you over saying they are illegal I flash the mod plate and state they are snake racing ucaand he can search the car all he wants but I've kept it legal for a reason.

Rusty

Yeah Rusty I have known about the way everyone markets Calmini UCA's as there own for a while that's why me and countless others buy them direct from Calmini,i have arranged for an engineer to go over mine just so QLD Transport will be happy.

Don't bother with qld transport or DoT. Ring Fourbies at Moorooka. They have a guy that inspects and plates and your done. Make sure you get your shock lengths issues sorted first(if you have any)

Don't bother with qld transport or DoT. Ring Fourbies at Moorooka. They have a guy that inspects and plates and your done. Make sure you get your shock lengths issues sorted first(if you have any)

Shit I was over that way today, thanks for the tip Rusty.

QLD transport can dismiss the engineering plates. If you have a body lift and suspension lift and haven't had a lane change test passed by an engineer your driving an unroadworthy vehucle. That came straight from QLD transport.

It's ridiculous......

Bazz under which law. I had my bodylift certified under the previous qld law not the ncop law. It stated as long as I stayed under 125mm of lift I didn't require it to be engineered. They haven't given me any paperwork to say it has to be lane change tested now to be legal. 40mm sus, 30mm body and 25mm in rubber puts me at 95mm way under my legal rights

I spoke to QLD transport and they said if your vehicle doesn't comply with current laws it's not road legal and if you have a blue plate it means nothing unless you have done a lane change test to get it.

It's stupid you can get away with fitting a 50mm bodylift with no engineering as long as you have no other lift. Say you purchase new tyres that are 265\75 as the tyre fitter recommended them and bam your vehicle isn't road legal without lane change test.

Rusty you can have up to 50mm increase in tyre diameter and 50 suspension lift without any engineering. Which will give you 75mm lift. As soon as you do a body lift on top of that it requires lane change.

Personally I'm only concerned about insurance.

But there are so many people in your situation they need to come to some sort of compromise. But the guy I spoke to was firm he said no lane change not legal. Simple as that.

It's bullshit.....

Last edited:
I wonder if there is any responsibility put back onto the tyre fitter for not checking. As you said if they recommend it.
How do you prove that though

I think it's a joke about raising the suspension anyway. Yeah you can raise the back by fitting more/higher spring rate springs, but at the front with our torsion bar setup and stock control arms, you can't really raise it past 30mm or so, and it which case, is winding up your stock torsion bars classified as a modified suspension lift?! I want get an alloy/steel tray and leave it at the normal height and then bodylift the front of the vehicle so I can get some more clearance under the front guards

Back