265/75 16 on a stock d40 or not ??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wat offset are those rims u got, i was planning on getting a set of procomps in a -6 and was hoping for a bit of dish out of em

Standard rims are +30 for the Spain built. a -6 is going to hang way out pass the guards. Are you looking at 8" or 7" rims?

im looking at 16x8. hanging out the gaurds doesnt bother me so much. ill be getting the rims after i get a 2" lift and will make up some garden edging flairs to keep them within the gaurds

Has anyone noticed any differance putting bigger tyres say 265's from 255's on a auto with it dropping back from 5th to 4th more often? or does it not realy make a differance?

today got 265/75/16 MT FC -II , rides much smoother and better than stock dunlop tyres, no scrubbing and only slightly louder, its really more of a different sound not really niosier.

what make are those tyres Krunchi? Looking at new tyres and not sure whether
to go for 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 an my stock D40.

Looking at AT tyres mostly though.

Murph

what make are those tyres Krunchi? Looking at new tyres and not sure whether
to go for 265/70/16 or 265/75/16 an my stock D40.

Looking at AT tyres mostly though.

Murph

since ur in QLD and if ur worried about legalities than u can only go 265/70/16...i went the 265/75/16...looks heaps nicer and only a tad over the 15mm limit

They are Mickey Thompson FC II, prob one of the most aggressive AT tyres out there.
I am suprised hor quiet they are and how much better they make the car ride!
F%^&* 15mm rule, im so sick of all these baseless resctrictions placed on our mods by the gov.
Its not like we are trying to build monster trucks to run over shopping trolleys.

How do they roll?

I run 265/75/R16 BFG AT's on stock rims no lift or 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on Victory's by Speedy and in both cases no rubbing or anything and definately zero lift and that was with or without the alloy .bullbar .If you do get slight rubbing then a heat gun will help massage the plastic out of harms way

Mr Frontier,

I am about to become the pround new owner of a 2010 stx D40 and I am looking to fit exactly that combination of wheels and tyres. My D40 will have a lift so I'm not to worried about the rubbing etc. My question is how does the vehilce drive now with the bigger tyres? Speedo would be out by around 5%? And also how have the Victory rims held up? just wanting to know if there is any show stoppers. 17x8 black speedy's with 265/70/r17 STT coopers. should look saaweeet!

Photos coming when the car does!!

I was advised against the 276/75s and went for 265/70 BFG ATs on mine, basically standard height vehicle.

The speedo will change - but the speedo's accuracy is fairly meaningless, if you want accuracy on the vehicle's speed, use a GPS device. What is more important is that the odometer - accurate from the factory on factory tyres - becomes inaccurate. You will be doing more km than shown, so if you're finicky about regular servicing, wipe a few k's off the indicated figure (over 10,000km, you could see over 100km difference). It all depends on how specific you are, I suppose. Personally I don't really care a few % this way or that, I don't thrash my car anyway.

Got my new wheels a couple of days ago on my stock D40 ST. Had some King steel rims 16x7 fitted with BFG A/T 265/75/16. Very happy. Just rubs on the front when on full lock. Hits the plastic flap that hangs under the front bumper, looks like you can take them off though. Will try and get a 2" lift done next week to see if that fixes it.
Will try and attach some picks (never done it before)
Dont know if it worked. Where is my 11 year old to help!!!

hey mate car looks good, just out of curiosity how much were you slugged for the whhels and tyres?

can anyone tell me please does the 265 75 r16's rub with the 2inch lift?

cheers guys.:cheers!:

Mr Frontier,

I am about to become the pround new owner of a 2010 stx D40 and I am looking to fit exactly that combination of wheels and tyres. My D40 will have a lift so I'm not to worried about the rubbing etc. My question is how does the vehilce drive now with the bigger tyres? Speedo would be out by around 5%? And also how have the Victory rims held up? just wanting to know if there is any show stoppers. 17x8 black speedy's with 265/70/r17 STT coopers. should look saaweeet!

Photos coming when the car does!!
I have just had the truck engineered for suspension mods and wheels and the Engineer was so impressed with the wheels he went and bought a set for himself. Only issue I have found is the black does chip fairly easy .
My speedo is close enough to reading correctly now . By default mine was reading about 10% low at 100kms.Now with the bigger tyres its reading almost spot on.
Not that it matters I calibrated my scanguage with a GPS so at a glance I can see what my real speed is .
I had no lift at all on the truck and found no rubbing issues with either the 265/75/R16 BFG AT's on stock rims or the 265/70/R17 BFG AT's on the Speedy wheels .

As to how the truck feels on the BFG I honestly havent ever had anything but the BFG on the truck since new. It was delivered with them fitted .Now have 75k on the clock and much prefer the ride and feel of the truck to many sedans I have driven.

Have just fitted Mickey Thompson 265/75/16 MTZ's today. I get a little bit of rub when reversing with full lock but nothing going forward (so far). All good :smile:

Last edited:
Cheers for that all. Confident the wheels tyres will fit no probs. Just wish they (Nissan) would hurry the heck up gosh darn it..

265/75/16 should be no problem for a standard D40 mate, I have 265/75/16 MTZ's. Mine is a ST-X (spanish built) and I have no issues with tyres sticking out. A thai build with different rim offsets may be different though.

I am sure someone with a thai build will comment.

Regards Murph

265/75 16 onstock d40

want to put these on my d40 (thai built st), spoke with heaps of people re: coopers.mickey thompsons.bf goodrich and a few others. most have said will fit wont rub at std height but anything more aggressive than a/t's may get a bit of vibration thru steering and be prepaired for a fair amount of road noise.
Had really good feedback on hankook mt's, bit noisey-but no other probs,same if not better ks than coopers, plus can get them cheaper.
let us know what you learn, and what you get.
does any one else have any feedback on the hankooks?

Back