Dave's 2006 D22. Sold.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Next time Ill do better. Promise.

Been behind the wheel of a truck lately Krafty ? You must be getting withdrawals.

Na, was out shifting a bus for a mate a few weeks back and took the mates F350 for a spin up the bush to get some fire wood last weekend but that's as close as I've been to a truck for a while. I don't really miss it because the shoulder wont let me drive a manual for long anyway.

Flat out working at the moment 12 hour shifts 9 days straight contracting to one of the power station contractors. I'm using all their bandwidth making sure my emails are checked and my forum annoying gets done...there are some perks to being the PC geek. So much for semi retirement though.

If you want good internet, get a contract with the schools or Tafe's. there all fibred these days.

What age F350 ?

Think I just bought the most expensive $2 pen. Cancer research mob came around and if you donated $20 you got a pen.

Oh well, I would of bought a pack of smokes with it anyway. Lol.

Power stations have good lines around here. I don't need speed for my jobs but I do insist all clients provide me with net access on site when I'm working. Just because I log on when I get to work and leave the laptop connected to email and several forums all day is of no consequence to them.

Big companies like that wouldn't care anyway.

Some of the bank data lines we have done are pretty pricey but its what they want.

Considering I haven't seen the manager that is suppose to be over seeing what I'm doing since Tuesday last week I don't think any one cares what I do as long as the job is done. I've got a 2 week window but I might get out of here in the next few days and be finished early, bloody lucky I don't take on big jobs like this too often or I'd really drive myself insane.

While your talking about power stations and their internet...

Trust me, power stations care about what their internet is used for. A mate of mine got in trouble for using the net for personnel research. They monitor what sites you go on and if you use that site too many times, they check it out and then come complain. A lot of sites are also blocked.

Might not apply to you Krafty, but for general contractors, you have to be careful. Shit even getting internet access is a drama in power stations, well hazelwood anyway.

Pete

Yeah doesn't apply to me because I'm there fixing their internet and network (among other things) and it's part of my contract. As for Hazelwood she's an old friend, back in the 90's my company supplied more than half the control rooms staff with home computers and we did a lot of pc work inside the power station, but since the old man retired and they opened up contracting we don't push for many jobs there anymore, still got a few personal clients within the walls though.

Anyway I haven't got a smart arse comment about Dave's toy ute so I better send this thread back on topic :big_smile:

This working till 7 and after the last week as given me plenty of target practice. I don't drive fast enough on the 10 k trip to worry me that much but if I had a shot gun out the window I could have filled the freezer with roo meat.

It's his irresistible charm that attracts them

We used to shoot roos but there is so many around these days and so many people listening that shooting from moving cars is either taboo or just boring.

Back