Just fitted a snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

04SilverSTR

Reaction score
Hi guys, just spent the weekend fitting the genuine nissan snorkel to my 04 d22, Shout out goes to garry from nizzbits for supplying me with one at a good price!!

Ended up going with the YD25 snorkel to piss the pre cleaner off, realy i dont know how any air go to the engine with that thing on!!
Im pretty impressed with how it goes now, did a little hiway run after it did it and there is alot of difference than before, alot more responsive seems to boost faster on the hiway, also you can feel it working when you hit about 40kph, OHhhh and it sounds pretty cool with the passenger window down as well!!!!

any way here are some install pics for your viewing pleasure.

The template made thing easy
2011-08-06_15_48_53.jpg

All the little holes done
2011-08-06_15_59_29.jpg

BIG hole done few!!
2011-08-06_16_06_13.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly what i did with my Nav. Sourced all the bits through Gary at Nizzbits and installed myself. Installing yourself you know its done right and you save heaps, not to mention the excellent service from Gary.

Yeah was easyer than i though it would be. And yeah service from garry was awesome it was sent the same day i paid for it and from melb to qld took 4 days.

That looks excellent, and goes to show if you take your time, it can be done yourself.

I'm going to email Gary now and see if he can source a snorkel for the V6.

^ Yeah mate. Pm him and he'll help you out.

He is the only guy I get parts from.

Direct 4x4 Accessories Snorkel

Has anyone tried the above product off Ebay ? They are selling snorkels for $255 if your the lucky bidder + cartage approx $29 capital city. They have stated the snorkel has 'Navara' stamped on the side.

looks alot like a copy of a safari snorkle, i prefer the look of the factory nissan one, and the are less of a branch catcher as well!!

bryan

So you need to order the intake pipe aswell? It doesn't cone in the kit?

I still reckon I can get one of these genuine Nissan snorkels to fit my V6 Nav. The actual fitting is the same outside of course, but with some airbox modification (cutting etc) it must fit. The hole through the inner guard is in the same spot, and from what I have seen the pipe through the guard on the diesels is rectangular, where the V6 airbox has a round opening.

The opening is tiny as well, only around 60mm, so it must be pretty restrictive. If I can get it to line up then cutting a rectangular opening in the airbox to fit the diesel intake would be simple. Famous last words, lol.

Either that or just order an Airflow snorkel, which they reckon fits BOTH the diesel and V6, don't see how when they are different airboxes . I'll post up a pic of my box when I get home, see if any one thinks it is possible.

Edit, heres a pic---

Attachments

• image002ww.jpg
    image002ww.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Ha HA, You make me laugh Dave. Yeah, going to get one very soon. Will order the Airflow and see how it goes.
I was also looking into the Volant airboxes from the US, and these use the oiled cone filters. The other advantage is the Airflow snorkels "fit" straight into them. Only thing is they are around $300.00 landed, and thats a bit exy.

Last edited:
Ok, have recieved word back from airflow that they do have a correct kit for the V6, different to the one I was going to order. Different airbox adaptors etc. Only thing is its a special kit and costs........ $530.00!!

Far out, still might go with a diesel snorkel from Nizzbits and drill/chop my own mounts into the airbox. :big_smile:

Ray - this is a pic of the snorkle I have on mine from AirFLow (I paid around $420 delivered). The pic kind of has the parts in order of attachment (numbered from memory when I installed mine 2 yrs ago). Looks very frickin similar to the website link below saying its for a V6 Fronterer (guessing thats the same as yours or what your note above is referring to):
D22 Snorkel

I reckon with your airbox / pre-cleaner, a bit more of the flexi tubing and a ring clamp or two, yours would connect up OK....

few other snorkle pics included as well of 3.0L kits.

Lj

Attachments

• snorkle_D22 Petrol from Pure Nissan.jpg
    snorkle_D22 Petrol from Pure Nissan.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 206
  • snorkle_D22 factory.jpg
    snorkle_D22 factory.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 245
  • snorkle_2001 D22.jpg
    snorkle_2001 D22.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 317
Last edited:
Thanks for that Luke. This is the kit that Airflow has to fit the V6. Costs a lot more than the diesel kit, but thats the way it is. They say that in the above photo of my airbox , the current round inlet gets plugged, and the flexi hose+adaptor goes into the SIDE of the box. (The other pipework on there now gets discarded).

One thing I noticed with the Safari vs Airflow snorkels, is the Airflow has much smaller diameter pipework, 79mm vs 105mm I think, but should not make a huge difference. I'll probably stick a K&N filter or similar in as well instead of the stock Nissan one.

Attachments

• IMG_8818Kitmodedweb(2).jpg
    IMG_8818Kitmodedweb(2).jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 124

Latest posts

Back