Just fitted a snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He sent it on Friday from Melbourne and I got it via TNT on Tuesday. I don't know if it is me or not but boy it makes a difference under the go pedal. Nice roar changing up thru the gears. Very pleased. I had purchased one off ebay but have since returned it after seeing this original thread. Cheers

Last edited:
Just ordered my snorkel kit and yd25 intake duct. $320.00 all up. Dealer cost. :) yiew

I'm already employed by another Nissan dealer in Sydney.
Only left for the more money (for the Nav)
And because the dealer is closer to home.

He sent it on Friday from Melbourne and I got it via TNT on Tuesday. I don't know if it is me or not but boy it makes a difference under the go pedal. Nice roar changing up thru the gears. Very pleased. I had purchased one off ebay but have since returned it after seeing this original thread. Cheers

no its not just you imim sure mine goes a shit load better now!!!

mine arrived yesterday, great service from nizzbits
i spent most of the day installing it
i also can confirm that a $18 bunnings hole saw wont do the job:banghead:
so i now have a snorkel that looks good,an engine bay covered in sika flex,and a $110 sutton hole saw and arbour (89mm)used once for sale will post aus wide for $50

i tried with a cheap set and it was no good,it just burnt paintwork
some others have resorted to drilling several small holes then filing hole out but a quality hole saw gets the job done in 20/30 seconds
i resold my holesaw to a forum member (andrew h) he has used it for his install,maybee he wants to pass it on too? pm him

I am happy to sell the 90mm Sutton holesaw I puchased from sparra04. It was a snug fit but worked a treat. PM me if interested.

Ok did this over the weekend, Easy enough to do. Got the flexi rubber pipe from QDS Turned out better than i thought. Only have one small leak when i put my hand over the top of the snorkel. Nothing a bit more sicaflex wont fix.
Anyways for some reason i cant post pics into the forum so there in my Garage.

Yea nizzbits all the way!!! fitted my shinny new snorkel on the wknd looks and sounds sweet pretty impressed how the revs haved dropped and gain poke. Used a 89mm hole saw when finished drilling diameter was 91mm fit fairly snug also said 11mm dia for other mounting holes ended up drilling 10mm figure less movement last thing will do is pop rivet the neck on save it going missing. Breathin easy now sweet…
:rock:

hey guys, so the YD25 snorkel on a 2006 d22... everything should still go smooth as with getting the 80 series airbox to line up to the snorkel with out moding it?

Last edited:
Anyone still got the hole saw for sale? My nizzbits supplied snorkel arrived and hopefully will install early next year.

Latest posts

Back