Just fitted a snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After reading this thread order a YD25 set up for my ZD30 from Nizbits, $475 delivered. Fitted yesterday and very happy.

Got an 89mm Sutton holesaw for sale.. used once to install my Nizzbits supplied snorkel.

Original packaging, have an arbur, but is the wrong type for the saw.

Good nick, only 60 second worth of use max.

$40 + postage. was $56.00 at Bunnings one day ago =)

PM for details

So is the snorkel one to suit a zd30 and the intake pipe of a yd25???? Bit confused

So is the snorkel one to suit a zd30 and the intake pipe of a yd25???? Bit confused

yd25 intake is so you have room for a 2nd battery
if you dont have or want a 2nd batt you dont need yd25 intake
cheers
sparra

a yd25 intake is a pipe that is designed to get around the 2nd battery on the 2.5 navs on the inside of the side panel, it eliminates the pre filter which i hear allows higher airflow and better performance

mine arrived yesterday, great service from nizzbits
i spent most of the day installing it
i also can confirm that a $18 bunnings hole saw wont do the job:banghead:
so i now have a snorkel that looks good,an engine bay covered in sika flex,and a $110 sutton hole saw and arbour (89mm)used once for sale will post aus wide for $50

you must of been unlucky... lol I bought a $17 bunnings holesaw/downlight installation kit, and have installed two snorkels with it... getting a bit dull now though.. just gotta go slow and use plenty of cutting fluid.

Ok kewl. So the actual snorkel itself I'd the same
For yd25 and zd30 it's just te engine bay pipe that's different?

i also paid about $110 for a hole saw, thought i would use it again so i got a good one, so far its done about 30secs of work lol

did you have to move your blinker i fitted a saffari and had to move it

Na mate you don't have to remove the blinker. It's is advised you do to make installation easier and stop it from getting damaged but apart from that it doesn't have to be moved

with my nissan snorkel the blinker disnt have to be moved, just removed for fitting and put back in the same spot

Can anyone confirm you can fit a nissan snorkel to a 2009 D22 with dual batts AND do the 80 series LC air filter mod?

Can anyone confirm you can fit a nissan snorkel to a 2009 D22 with dual batts AND do the 80 series LC air filter mod?

Neb

Yes to fitting snorkel and yes to air filter, but you have to remove the passenger side batter to fit the 80series air box. I was gonna give the 80series box when I got back from cape York and if money allows.

Safari snorkel

Does anyone know if a safari snorkel would attach to a YD25 fitting so that I can get rid of that intrusion into the engine bay??

Latest posts

Back