Just fitted a snorkel

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
highjacked this thread very well hey....

Ray - what is the pipe marked white arrow? The yellow circle you marked is similar to where the desiel snorkles connect to.

Attachments

• Ray_air box inlet.jpg
    Ray_air box inlet.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 223
Yeah sorry about the hijack Bryan, :cheers!: but I guess it keeps a lot of hopefully useful snorkel info in one spot.

That other pipe Luke is some sort of extra inlet. I don't know what its purpose is. But it gets discarded when a snorkel goes on. Heres an inside view of the airbox as well. I'm still thinking modding this to accept a diesel intake would certainly be cheaper, but a kit with the right adaptors would be a lot easier.:big_smile:

Attachments

• DSCF8457.jpg
    DSCF8457.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF8458.jpg
    DSCF8458.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 180
well that really looks like you should be able to kit a desiel one in there mate and very little mods at all. But you'd have to block the lower intake. If you don't know what it does then that could be a problem :)

Had a look at mine (2 pics) - goes through the same hole in the wheel arch, would line up very easily with that top intake.

Attachments

• DSCN0663.jpg
    DSCN0663.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 239
  • DSCN0666.jpg
    DSCN0666.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 229
Thanks for the suggestions guys. I have read that R50 thread before Dave funnily enough, I've researched and researched some more about this bloody job! It sounds like the Pathy guy just hooked up the flexible tube under the guard to his standard airbox tube that goes through the guard. That just sounds too easy really. I should be able to order the gen Nissan snorkel and just get reducers etc to fit the airbox inlet using flexible pipe. Would save $150.00 :sarcastic:.

Still trying to find out what that extra pipework on the box is for, but the Frontier V6 guys chuck it as well when they install aftermarket airboxes. Anyway, going to get serious in the next few days and order SOMETHING.

My ZD30 D22 has a Gibson airflow snorkel on it, still with the pre-cleaner. Am I right in thinking I have to find a yd25 intake pipe (?) to fit so i can get rid on the pre cleaner of should I just find some flexi pipe to go from the snorkel end straight to the air cleaner?

Kudu,
I'm not familiar with a Gibson snorkel but i'm in a similar situation to you. I currently have a ZD30 airtec snorkel with the precleaner still in. I wanted to remove the precleaner by replacing it with the YD25 intake pipe but I then read a thread on here (by micks navara i think) who says that it is not compatible (at least without modification). You would have to check the fitting of the YD25 intake duct to your snorkel on the inner guard.

The YD25 duct is available from nissan or from Nizzbits (probably cheaper) and i think the part number is 16554Vm00A if you're keen to give it a go.

Kudu,
I'm not familiar with a Gibson snorkel but i'm in a similar situation to you. I currently have a ZD30 airtec snorkel with the precleaner still in. I wanted to remove the precleaner by replacing it with the YD25 intake pipe but I then read a thread on here (by micks navara i think) who says that it is not compatible (at least without modification). You would have to check the fitting of the YD25 intake duct to your snorkel on the inner guard.

The YD25 duct is available from nissan or from Nizzbits (probably cheaper) and i think the part number is 16554Vm00A if you're keen to give it a go.

I might have the name wrong. But if you go back one page a guy has a post with 3 pictures of snorkel kits. Mine is the one on the very left. its an aussie brand.

Thanks for the advice though. I'll see if I can get that part.

Cheers.

i ordered one from nizzbits last night
can someone tell me the size of large hole? and what methods to use if you cant source a big enough holesaw?
cheers

dave that would be great, i spoke to one of our electricians at work today and he is gunna have a look tonight,ile see him in morning if he cant find one for me ile give you a call thanks
can anyone suggest a good sealant
cheers

Finish fitting mine from Nizzbits last night. 90mm diameter hole saw is stated on the instructions. If all the holes are drilled in the right spot then it all fits snug as a bug.

Attachments

• Snorkel 002.jpg
    Snorkel 002.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 173
  • Snorkel 007.jpg
    Snorkel 007.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 146
So did you get the intake pipe aswell?
How do I get in contact with Gary at buzz bits? I want to try order one This week?

Just tell Gary what you want. I got mine with the YD25 intake pipe and it has to be ordered separately ( extra $90 ) but this bolts up to the intermediate pipe off the snorkel. Gary's email thru the Nizzbits web site has been playing up. PM him on this forum.

Latest posts

Back