04SilverSTR's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found the clutch handle easier to get to with it on the bottom. How did you do your control box? I bent up some flat bar so the control box is on an angle with the back just shy of the grill. It is certainly an awkward size.

Good to hear it worked well

-Tyler

you probably posted before you saw the pics, but see above for the contol box.

bryan

Ok so i mounted the contol box behind the grill on 2 pieces of angle back to back, the control box is pretty tough all metal, its not fully sealed but Runva say they are 100% Waterproof competition grade Solenoids, it came with a wireless remote but i am going to hard wire a toggle switch in the cabin so i dont have to worry about carrying it or the had piece.

20130514_201948.jpg

20130514_202005.jpg

from the bottom
20130514_202047.jpg

And all done
20130514_202031.jpg

Cheers bryan

My control box had a bracket at the rear, so I bolted through the bracket and into the bar, similar to you.

I also did the same thing with the handle. Havn't bothered to correct it fully, it sits at the rear of mine. PITA to reach.

Looks good mate. Read a lot on the runva and they seem to be great winches at competitive prices. Was looking at the 9500 model for my bar when I got it or and ironman winch.

Is that a genuine bar its fitted to? I like the idea of the hidden control box aswell.

Rusty

yeah it sure is a genuine bar rusty. I mainly hid the control box because I couldnt get it to sit nicely on the front of the bar. also the runva seems like a pretty good winch so far.

bryan

Nice bryan, bit of progress on your nav is good to see. Not good about your diff though.

Bart

Loving everything you've one so far mate, it's looking awesome plus the exhaust sounds a treat.
Will definately be keeping a close eye on this thread for sure!

Hahah yeah thats true aye, hows ya winch going?

Bart

winch is good, was its first use when I busted the diff seems to work well untill the battery went flat.

Loving everything you've one so far mate, it's looking awesome plus the exhaust sounds a treat.
Will definately be keeping a close eye on this thread for sure!

thanks mate, pretty happy with where its at. only a few more things to do and im done, well are you ever done modding??

collect a new diff and some spare front sharfts today, got the diff for 195 and the sharfts were 77 ea, got them at i am fitting the auto lokka and there is a high chance i may break one! picked it all up from Brisbane 2 and 4wd commercials http://www.brisbaneautorecyclers.com.au/Home.aspx they seem to be pretty well priced and do have nissan stuff in stock, talk to andrew.

now i just have to get the lokka fitted and i can swap the diffs. the i will no longer have a 2x4 navara!

bryan

look what turned up today :)
20130530_112848-1904380389.jpg

dropped the new diff and lokka off for the lokka to be installed. Hopefully it will be done for the weekend so I can swap them over.

bryan

yep sure is bart. go josh from mild 2 wild to fit it to the diff. dropped it off at lunch time and he rang at 7 tonight to say it was done!!

bryan

Well i spent the morning swapping over diffs and then went for a play to test the new lokka! Well what a difference!! walked up all of the hills at a local disused clay quarry bar one the was just to slippery due to rain! got up a hill that i have'nt ever been able to and i just walked up!!

so far my thoughts on the steering is that at slow speed it isnt to badly affected, but in 4 hi on the dirt WOW talk about torque steer!! just about through's the ute bush to the right on acceleration! this isnt to much of a drama for me as hi speed dirt driving i usually do in 2wd, but can be managed if there is a need to be in 4x4 on the dirt.

But now another problem has popped up, it has become evident that the transfer chain is stretched and is slipping! WHAT A FARKING PITA!! but i guess that 4x4s for you!
so now i am on the hunt for another transfer case!

So here is the reason for getting a lokka
20130601_115150.jpg

Also Here is a quick video of the transfer chain noise
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccAApnpSbcI&feature=youtu.be[/YT]

Cheers Bryan

Last edited:
well i have bought a s/h transfer, got it from gold coast 4x4, 62000km for $380 del, hopfully its a good one and i have now more dramas!! just got to swap it over. I was kinda hoping not to ever do this kinda stuff with this car, but nothing lasts forever!!

bryan

should of got a D21 transfer, chains meant to be twice as wide or something and it bolts straight up.

maybe but finding one could have been fun, also putting something in out of a 20 year old car just doesnt sit right with me.

im still a little puzzled as to how these chain can strech, looking at the service manual they look pretty strong!!

bryan

im still a little puzzled as to how these chain can strech, looking at the service manual they look pretty strong!!
pretty easily I'd say, remember low range has a multiplicative effect on torque the engine is producing, 315NM can very easily be turned into 2000+N.M which considering steel will start to yield at around 350N.mm its entirely possible the steel links have just been fatigued and stretched out a fraction of a mm when the tyres couldn't break traction on a surface.

sorry to get all engineer on you haha.

Latest posts

Back