04SilverSTR's D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sorry to get all engineer on you haha.

haha all good, didnt really think of it like that!

dropped the oil out of the transfer today could see much but their was very small bits of metal, not sure where they slip? is it at the gearbox or at the front tailsharft?

Bryan

transfer case arrived today, have been told it only has 62000 km on it but it looks like its been apart going by the orange sealant that is on it. not sure if it is a good thing or bad thing. will be super pissed if I swap it and it is no good!!!, also all the switchew have the wires pulled out of them. was hopeing to have some spares.

any way fingerscrosssed its ok, it does have a 3 month warranty.
just got to find time to swap it now.

cheers bryan

got to have a good look at the case tonight. I have got to make a call but I think I am going to send it back.
the oil that is left in it is black, and it definitely looks like its been apart, also I cant even get the speedo sensor out to swap it for mine, wouldn't have to if the wires weren't farked! not happy jan.....

well I spoke to the wreckers yesterday, they worked out that I got sent the wrong t case, its for a d22 but it just wasn't the one that had 52000 km on it, and even better now they have found me one with 17000 km on it, pretty happy with the out come!

bryan

So i spent most of yesterday and some of thismoring swapping the transfer cases over :hang3:
now firstly as a reference i was supplied a transfer case from a 2010 YD25 powered D22, a quick email to garry from Nizzbits confirmed that the part number are the same from 2003 onwards for T/c's, This is correct as both stickers on top of them have VK400 as the part number.

So i swapped them over and everything fitted where it should.

I then went for another test 4x4, now with the transfer doing what it should and the lokka in the front it is wild offroad, it seems like there is now stopping it now, you can take everything slower and with more control, Love it!

I also out of curiosity took off the back of the old transfer case to look at the stretched chain, I took some pics that are below, as you can see it has alot of slack which cannot be normal!!
20130616_141912.jpg

20130616_142106.jpg

20130616_142116.jpg

so happy days now that i have full 4x4 again!!

Cheers
bryan

Looks like my cain before I swapped it over for a new one. Swapping the chain is a pain in the arse as it is very hard to get the brings and gears off which hold the fork on. Once these are off its easy to swap the chains over, getting everything back together is also a pain as it is hard to get the metal clips back on as well as hammering the gears and bearings back on.

Wreckers here in WA wanted $660+ and that was for a T case swap. Im not sure how hard it was to take the whole case out but I'm guessing it was easier than swapping the chain. All up it took me 3 full days to do it.

So i picked up some more goodies this week, 1st is a tigerz11 awing, 2m along the car and 2.5m out, got it for $179 on their EOFY sale so im pretty happy with that, here are some pics.

20130628_162519.jpg

20130628_162530.jpg

i mounted the brackets downwards as i didnt like the awning up in the air with the brackets facing up, but had to move the awning up on the bracket by drilling new holes.

20130628_171342.jpg

20130628_171403.jpg

bryan

Hand / manual throttle

So last weekend i picked up a hand throttle cable from a early v6 d22 with intention to chop it up and fit it to my car to use for winching and smoother more controlled offroading. Total cost for this mod was $22 for the cable. I can now get a idle of about 1500rpm which i think will work well when needed.

so this is what you will start with

20130714_135250.jpg

The mechanism
20130714_135256.jpg

I the removed the accelerator assy and drilled a 3mm hole at the top to feed the hand throttle cable through
20130714_140207.jpg

Hand throttle in place, is easier to do out of the car!
20130714_142452.jpg

more to come

Last edited:
Cable through the pedal, the brass bit is a electrical bp connecter out of its plastic.
20130714_142458.jpg

In place
20130714_152223.jpg

In place and at full throttle the cable moves away to the top

20130714_152240.jpg

Making use of THAT hole in the dash
20130714_161414.jpg

Cheers bryan

yeah im yet to test it but i think it will work well, and i guess a hand throttle off any 4x4 will work, i just got that one because a saw it in the car at the wreckers!

bryan

Latest posts

Back