101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dirtjockey

Reaction score
I went out driving on the weekend at Mount Barney in my D22 - one of my mates brought along his new D40 - the first time I'd been bush with another Navara - We had some fun - got the cars dirty - on the way home to where we were camping he stopped - his water temperature was in the RED - turns out he had torn off a part of the bottom of the radiator - the radiator could not be repaired so he ended up with a $700 bill.

I was thinking about it later and I figured that I'm glad I own a D22, because based on my experience - every time I go bush with a D40 the owner has to replace his radiator and I figured that would soon become a very expensive proposition.

The more I though about it the more I realized there is probably 101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40 - so I figured collectively all the D22 owners could come up with a reason and we would have a pretty good list - I also thought that the D40 owners could come up with a corresponding list of 101 reason why a D40 is better than a D22 - and then I realized - no actually they couldn't because everyone knows they aren't :sarcastic:

So here is reason number 1 & 2 of why a d22 is better than a D40:

1: I don't have to replace my radiator every time I go bush.
2: When I drive the D22 people don't think I'm a hair dresser

So going by the above, D22 drivers are insecure, cheap, short arses who only feel comfortable with one knob in each hand...seems kind of logical I guess.

Luv D22's for all there space in the back seat, you could just fit a toddler in there if u tried hard enough and pushed the front seats as forward as they can go. Luv the heater controls on the D22's, they haven't changed since the 1970's, Still looking like the old Sigma controls. Luv the steering wheel controls that they don't have and luv the electric fuel lid and Auto-lock in hubs that they don't have and best of all i love the cruise control that the D22 never came out with from factory but I guess that's what u get when u buy a cheap car. There lack of factory features really gets me everytime, there price is so cheap cause u get what you pay for and you pay stuff all and you get F...k all....
Absolutely luv my D40, so spacious, smooth and very comfortable to drive. They really are worth there money

The wife would only let me spend 30k. That makes me feel secure enough.I think? At first I thought it lacked room as I am a big unit but have become accustomed to it and it seems more comfortable as time goes on. I just have to flop the 4'2'' thing over my right leg and let it dangle near the AC outlet to cool it off. D22ooh!

Luv D22's for all there space in the back seat, you could just fit a toddler in there if u tried hard enough and pushed the front seats as forward as they can go. Luv the heater controls on the D22's, they haven't changed since the 1970's, Still looking like the old Sigma controls. Luv the steering wheel controls that they don't have and luv the electric fuel lid and Auto-lock in hubs that they don't have and best of all i love the cruise control that the D22 never came out with from factory but I guess that's what u get when u buy a cheap car. There lack of factory features really gets me everytime, there price is so cheap cause u get what you pay for and you pay stuff all and you get F...k all....
Absolutely luv my D40, so spacious, smooth and very comfortable to drive. They really are worth there money

At least d22's don't burn out the clutch the first time you try and do a hill start. And on that note what "standard features" has a d40 rx got? Power windows? Nope. Power mirrors? Nope. For a basic 4wd the d22's are decent enough, they're still better than a great wall

The '22....looks great and is a tuff truck..

unlike those salon drivin girlyboys.:flowers:

At least d22's don't burn out the clutch the first time you try and do a hill start. And on that note what "standard features" has a d40 rx got? Power windows? Nope. Power mirrors? Nope. For a basic 4wd the d22's are decent enough, they're still better than a great wall

Lets see how a 22 goes dragging 8 tonne. No clutch issues in my D40 and its dragged 8 tonne .
Clutch issues only in the Diesels no issues in the Petrols

Latest posts

Back