101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a D22 and I loved it BIG time. I wouldn't own any other 4x4! other then a D40. They are both awesome trucks and yes I do think my D40 is better then a D22 BUT! I have spent a lot more money on my D40 then I did on my D22. I dont think one is less then the other they are just different.

I do think it hilarious how D22 drivers get trying too put down D40's, it is like some kind of small man syndrome, BUT!!!!

"CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG"

different.

I do think it hilarious how D22 drivers get trying too put down D40's, it is like some kind of small man syndrome, BUT!!!!

But in this case it seems the D40 owners cant read,:bike:
and on top of that,
its in the D22 section for D22 owners regardles of what size our taclke is, we dont discriminate.

:eviltongue:

I have the proof on the racetrack. Remember the 4x2 has a different rear end ratio.
Keeps up with the V8 Supercars from the start line to turn 2 at Wakefield park Goulburn.
Now if you need something to go harder for your ass then thats your business :rock::rock:

what planet are you from???

:shakehands:
both are good utes
just that the 22 is better
thats all
back to the d40 section you go and let us have our fun here:bootyshake:

Dont get me wrong ,,if I had been able to comfortably fit in a D22 I would have got one.

how big are you? In the passangers seat of my mates GU ute my knee's hit the dash as the seat wont go back far enough, same goes for wagons.
I have no problem fitting in a D22, im 6'4 and 160kg

NICK

point 29?

Owning A D22 doesn't make you want to hang out in the D40 forum.

There are no recovery points, no nissan did'nt cut corners, they just realised they dont need them.

A pie cooked on the manifold of a D22 would win "master cheif", the exhuast note of a D22 could win australia's got talent and the looks, australia's next top model!!

D22 brakes and clutches shit all over D40 units.

However, D40 brakes pull up the vehicles very well. At the expense of pad and rotor life though.

^ Thats one thing I would like in the rain, I dont mind D40's to be honest.

I know my 22, serves me well.

If the 550 came in manual, that could tempt me.

point 29?

Owning A D22 doesn't make you want to hang out in the D40 forum.

There are no recovery points, no nissan did'nt cut corners, they just realised they dont need them.

A pie cooked on the manifold of a D22 would win "master cheif", the exhuast note of a D22 could win australia's got talent and the looks, australia's next top model!!

theres recovery points on the front isnt there?

how big are you? In the passangers seat of my mates GU ute my knee's hit the dash as the seat wont go back far enough, same goes for wagons.
I have no problem fitting in a D22, im 6'4 and 160kg

NICK

Im 6ft6 with fugged up ankles ( fallen off too many ladders as a sparky years ago) and my son is almost as tall.He now has trouble fitting in the back of the D40 .The biggest difference was the extra room and the seating position. I was getting out of my 96 4Runner and the D22 felt very similar( the Hilux was identical to the 4Runner). The D40 is a different feel and to me was just way more comfortable and didnt feel as cramped.Back seat room was a huge consideration as the kids were getting bigger so needed the legroom. Almost bought a Triton for just that reason but just couldnt get over lack of options and its butt ugly appearance
I like the look of the tailgate on the D22 its got more design than the flat panel on the D40

Oh and for those who havent actually worked on the track with V8 Supercars dont you think would make it a little difficult to actually pass comment.Ill give you a hint ,,,racecars arent actually that quick off the start.Faster than a 65 Mini but definately not as fast as a Formula 3000 or a Superkart.

Last edited:
^ Thats one thing I would like in the rain, I dont mind D40's to be honest.

I know my 22, serves me well.

If the 550 came in manual, that could tempt me.

yeah i loved my d22 and would still have it, if i didnt sink it.
It served me well for over 350k, it was a great ute.

i just had to add my 2 cents......... i was feeling all left out :sarcastic:

Nath, did you ever put a new set of injectors through it ?

Would like to get a run down on your D22.

Ill post up a link, can you do a write up in the thread.

Im 6ft6 with fugged up ankles ( fallen off too many ladders as a sparky years ago) and my son is almost as tall.He now has trouble fitting in the back of the D40 .The biggest difference was the extra room and the seating position. I was getting out of my 96 4Runner and the D22 felt very similar( the Hilux was identical to the 4Runner). The D40 is a different feel and to me was just way more comfortable and didnt feel as cramped.Back seat room was a huge consideration as the kids were getting bigger so needed the legroom. Almost bought a Triton for just that reason but just couldnt get over lack of options and its butt ugly appearance

i know what you mean about the seating position, i think of it as sitting "on" the seat or "in" the seat. the flatter you can keep your legs the easier it is to fit in.

point #73

nissan were environmentally conscious and didnt waste materials fitting seat pockets

Back