101 reasons why a D22 is better than a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it really comes down to a combination of cost, needs, wants and what we think we're happy to pay out for what we think we're getting. We each have our own sense of values and we have individual levels of what we think a particular thing is worth to us personally.

For me, the D22 never even came into the equation. For starters, I wanted a highway ute to tow a 5th wheeler. It had to be an auto, both because of my physical limitations and because autos are better for towing heavy stuff for long distances. The D40 fit that bill and had a fair bit more power up its sleeve to do it.

The D40 also has a longer and wider stance. While that means its ramp-over is not as good as a D22's, it is more settled and stable when clambering around. They're pretty much the same height (it's only a few mm between them - the D40 is higher - and off road, that equates to very little). In terms of actual ability there's really not a lot between them.

The rest of the differences come down to things that you'd expect to pay $ for. A better turbocharger and an extra 175mm between the front seats and the rear seats and you've got a D40 RX. Move up to the STX and you're really just adding bolt-on refinements like electric mirrors, cruise control, auto gearbox etc.

I had never intended to use my car for off-roading, but since trying a few mild tracks the appeal has grown, to the point where we're equipping ourselves for treks away from the tarmac.

I don't think I need to change to another car. I don't need to make myself feel better about my choice by ragging on "the others" to justify what I spent on mine. I made a choice that suited our purposes and was costing me an amount that I was happy with.

So forgive me for not jumping in and trying to knock "the others" off their perceived ladder - it's my opinion that we're all up on the top rung anyway, and it's those bloody Mazdas that have to struggle.

So going by the above, D22 drivers are insecure, cheap, short arses who only feel comfortable with one knob in each hand...seems kind of logical I guess that they are smarter than me.

In the wise words of Curly Howard ! “Hey” I resemble that statement !:sarcastic: Knuck Knuck Knuck !

Last edited:
Luv D22's for all there space in the back seat, you could just fit a toddler in there if u tried hard enough and pushed the front seats as forward as they can go. Luv the heater controls on the D22's, they haven't changed since the 1970's, Still looking like the old Sigma controls. Luv the steering wheel controls that they don't have and luv the electric fuel lid and Auto-lock in hubs that they don't have and best of all i love the cruise control that the D22 never came out with from factory but I guess that's what u get when u buy a cheap car. There lack of factory features really gets me everytime, there price is so cheap cause u get what you pay for and you pay stuff all and you get F...k all....
Absolutely luv my D40, so spacious, smooth and very comfortable to drive. They really are worth there money

all things you list are called wanker toys..lol:rock:

I have the proof on the racetrack. Remember the 4x2 has a different rear end ratio.
Keeps up with the V8 Supercars from the start line to turn 2 at Wakefield park Goulburn.
Now if you need something to go harder for your ass then thats your business :rock::rock:

You forgot to say the V8 Supercar was being towed by a D22 on a trailer.

Nope all the D22's were still in the car park.

Mind you once they hit the turn they vanished into the dust

Dont get me wrong ,,if I had been able to comfortably fit in a D22 I would have got one. But I didnt fit and neither did the kids in the back. I originally wanted a D22 so I could import the Supercharged D22 engine complete from the US. But kinda went off the idea when I wasnt getting any more legroom than the Hilux I was crawling out of.

i lost count guys
sorry
but ime taking the bait
2 sticks and manual hubs mmmmmm
who cares if it gets scrached up a bit ,ffs its a recreational vehicle
no fancy stuff here nancy, less stuff to break
ile put up with the rougher ride and lack of room for peace of mind reliability/ability and the xtra 15 k in my pocket
and no testicles in my purse :girl_wacko:
cheers
sparra

I have the proof on the racetrack. Remember the 4x2 has a different rear end ratio.
Keeps up with the V8 Supercars from the start line to turn 2 at Wakefield park Goulburn.
Now if you need something to go harder for your ass then thats your business :rock::rock:

what gear are you on?
you keep up with a supercar,lol,,whos pushing the supercars with the handbrake on while your reving the crap out of yours....god you talk shit..:sarcastic:
anyway were comparing 4 x 4 only

Last edited:
I prefer the basicness of a D22 myself less electric shit to go wrong and so forth. I would think about a D40 if it was to tour with it but for farming and 4x4 use I like the D22

Hey Guys,

just to save me the time on not having to flag any more posts for "off topic" and then deletion,
may I remind some what the thread topic is......

sorry to the hearing impaired, but for the vision impaired here goes...

101 REASONS WHY A D22 IS BETTER THAN A D40

:cheers!:

Last edited by a moderator:
what gear are you on?
you keep up with a supercar,lol,,whos pushing the supercars with the handbrake on while your reving the crap out of yours....god you talk shit..:sarcastic:
anyway were comparing 4 x 4 only

Actually Topic is comparing D22 and D40 nothing about 4x2 or 4x4 so tuff it out
I dont have to prove a thing its actually all on tape so if you dont like it who cares

At the end of the day the only things the 2 trucks have in common is the brand name and Vehicle name. They are 2 totally different trucks
Its like comparing the Hilux to the Titan.

Actually Topic is comparing D22 and D40 nothing about 4x2 or 4x4 so tuff it out
I dont have to prove a thing its actually all on tape so if you dont like it who cares

At the end of the day the only things the 2 trucks have in common is the brand name and Vehicle name. They are 2 totally different trucks
Its like comparing the Hilux to the Titan.

if your navara keeps up with a supercar v8 they should all burn their supercars in shame and gisgust..
anyway when you wake up let us know...:sarcastic:

Latest posts

Back