10mm spacer on tough dog lift

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnkathy81

Reaction score
Not sure if anybody can give advice from these photos?

It's a Tough dog suspension lift on 2013 d40. Wanting to add a 10mm spacer to even out nose dive a little and trying to avoid new ucas at the moment. Apparently my camber is already on borderline.

(Although might need better wheel alignment.)

Is anybody able to tell if it will be a problem from the photos?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1393066239.663795.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1393066251.079508.jpg

It is a bit hard to tell from a pic, but if your camber is already maxed out then if you add a 100 mm spacer you will end up with another 18mm of lift and with the extra lift you will end up chewing the tyres out and with incorrect camber the handling will also be affected.
You could try off set caster bushes to help bring the camber back but by the time you get them fitted it will cost around $450 - $550 so you would be better off to spend the few extra $$ on UCA's with the added bonus of getting more droop and no coil bucket contact.

Thanks mate, was planning on changing the ucas down the track just thought I might get away with a small spacer for now but probably not worth the risk of chewing tyres etc.. Guess I'll just wait and do it properly.

Cheers!

Don't know which year model you have but mine is a 2008 Spanish built D40 and I have a Ridepro/Snake Racing set up in mine. The spacers were originally 35mm and these have been machined down to 25mm. They have now been fitted for 125000km and my tyres wear perfectly even. I do religiously do a full rotation and balance every 10000km.

Attachments

• IMG_3903.jpg
    IMG_3903.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
^^interesting pic, got me thinking. The spacers don't look to obvious. Just 10mm spacers painted black, bit of dirt over the top and you'd be going to notice there there. Which might be handy considering there not legal. Wouldn't mind taking a bit of rake out my truck. Have raised king springs but I'm lucky still have some camber adjustment left to play with.
If it's maxed out already you will chew tyres.

Don't know which year model you have but mine is a 2008 Spanish built D40 and I have a Ridepro/Snake Racing set up in mine. The spacers were originally 35mm and these have been machined down to 25mm. They have now been fitted for 125000km and my tyres wear perfectly even. I do religiously do a full rotation and balance every 10000km.

Have the 2013 model, Spanish build also. Was only planning the 10mm ones but not sure if yours has more camber adjustment then current model. Possibly need to take it for better wheel alignment not to sure.

^^interesting pic, got me thinking. The spacers don't look to obvious. Just 10mm spacers painted black, bit of dirt over the top and you'd be going to notice there there. Which might be handy considering there not legal. Wouldn't mind taking a bit of rake out my truck. Have raised king springs but I'm lucky still have some camber adjustment left to play with.
If it's maxed out already you will chew tyres.

Don't think anybody would know there even there especially if painted black.

Latest posts

Back