160K major service

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLSTX

Reaction score
I have had the navara since 120K, been doing all the servicing myself using the correct oils, filters etc.
With a major service, is it something I can prolong or is it imperative to get it done regardless of how well the navara is running?

I would do the book service (or get it done by someone else if you don't feel confident doing it yourself) on time. From memory this service includes pulling the axles and packing bearings and changing gearbox oils etc. Maybe it is just me but I like to look after mechanical things in the manner intended by the manufacturer.

G'day

It will probably work fine for a surprisingly long time without being done.

If not done, you will always have that niggling thought that it may fail/break down at any moment.

Think of it like a fuel tank.
You can wait till the fuel light low level light comes on and then fill it up. (Not always ready for a long trip)
Some drive around just putting a partial tanks worth in. (They put in $20 each week and hope it will last.)
Some people will top up the tank when if gets below half. (These are the ones that are able to do a long trip at any time without needing to worry about getting fuel first.)

Latest posts

Back