16's on 17 inch rims

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cheers bud

i have a 2" ome lift hope this is enough.
well i want 285's on but people say wont fit BUT i was away camping with the rockingham 4x4 club at easter and got talking to bloke has a navara no lift and able to fit 285's on just took mudflaps off and little rubbing at full lock nothing much.

since you have to buy 16" rims, you may be able to combat some of the rubbing by going 16x8 with more of a neg offset, might hang out of the guards a bit though but i've seen plenty of D40's with 285's, check legals and insurance (if you care) i know 265/70R17 is the biggest I could go legally in QLD and without voiding my insurance

since you have to buy 16" rims, you may be able to combat some of the rubbing by going 16x8 with more of a neg offset, might hang out of the guards a bit though but i've seen plenty of D40's with 285's, check legals and insurance (if you care) i know 265/70R17 is the biggest I could go legally in QLD and without voiding my insurance

its 50mm larger now we have the ncop technically you can fit a small 33" tyre

285/16' range from 828mm to 845mm in diameter the ones i'm running are 833mm in diameter and they scrubed at full lock on factory alloys , And i have a 3-4inch lift. So ended up triming my gaurd because i still wanted to run the mudflap otherwise you get to much dirt and shit up the windows and mirrors. The duratraks are about 842mm in diameter for the 285/75/16's they will scrub for sure without lift.

its 50mm larger now we have the ncop technically you can fit a small 33" tyre

dammit! wish I'd known that last week before I fitted 265's lol!

guys at Bob Jane (not that I bought from them) looked up their book and told me 265/70 was the largest I could go legally, spewin!

a 285/75 (33") wont be legal under the ncop as it is slightly (6.5mm) bigger than the 50mm allowed. i tried to get mine engineered but was told its not possible.

ah yea I thought they were 265/65r17 like the hilux not 255/65r17 which makes it 763mm so yea largest tyre is about a 32"

a D22 can legally run a 33x10.5 in KM2 as the OD of the D693 is about 778mm I beleive and the OD of the KM2 is 826 taken from their website, thats if your state has ncop.

cooper st max is the largest in a 265/75/16 it's 813mm in diameter and the duratraks in a 265/75/16 are 804mm, it all comes down to mm's

i am pretty sure the actual O.D. of the tyre isnt what is used as they can all be different, i think it is just worked out from the width x aspect ratio making all 285/75's 833.9mm O.D. if thats not the case then all 33's that are slightly work would be ok i guess?

i am pretty sure the actual O.D. of the tyre isnt what is used as they can all be different, i think it is just worked out from the width x aspect ratio making all 285/75's 833.9mm O.D. if thats not the case then all 33's that are slightly work would be ok i guess?

well I don't know thats just how I interpreted it http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/ro...Tyres_Suspension_Steering_V2_1Jan_2011 v3.pdf

4.2.4 Overall Nominal Diameter
The overall diameter of any tyre fitted to a passenger car or passenger car derivative must not
be more than 15mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the vehicle
manufacturer for that model.
The overall diameter of any tyre fitted to:

4WD passenger vehicles specifically designed for off-road use (typically MC ADR
category).
All wheel drive
(AWD) vehicles including those AWD vehicles that may be
certified as MC ADR category, (also commonly known as
soft roaders)
are not
included in this category;

4WD goods vehicles and their 2WD equivalents if the chassis and running gear are
essentially the same as the 4WD version (N ADR category); or

any medium weight goods vehicle (NA2, NB ADR category).
Must not be more than 50mm larger or 26mm smaller than that of any tyre designated by the
vehicle manufacturer for that vehicle.
Note
: Increases in tyre diameter are subject to compliance with all other requirements
specified under this clause (Clause 4.2
Non-Standard Tyres and Rims)
and may
therefore be limited by other factors such as insufficient clearance.
Speedometer accuracy must be maintained for the selected tyre and rim combination to within
the degree of accuracy specified in ADR 18 where applicable. It is suggested that the degree of
accuracy is in accordance with the most recent version of ADR18

i like your interpritation.
i had a pretty flexible engineer and we couldnt make 285's work unfortunately.

oh well its not like anyone is going to know, cops would just be like "yeah mate... plenty of tread on these"

overall diameter, have you done any reading on tyres? or is the tyre place just going to take you for a ride?

don't be rude i have been reading up but it's good to ask questions just to make sure you get it right it's to expensive if i make a mistake. the forum is for asking people who know about things and us asking for information so we understand. this is the 3rd time in the past you have been rude . i am new and i want to learn

not being rude just saying people who don't do research get sold whatever crap the tyre joint can't move, like myself when I was younger went in wanting an aggressive pattern tyre and somehow walked out getting pirreli scorpions which are ok on the road but really just a glorified highway tyre, I run BFG now and wouldn't fit anything else.

this thread may be worth reading http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=11869 but im not sure if the D40 ST still has the weird stud pattern which makes finding the right wheels a bit more painful.

Latest posts

Back