2" BILSTEIN/DOBINSON Lift DONE. Awesome Results!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I installed Bilstein 5100 on my D40 a couple of years ago. Had to spend extra due to the camber being out. I had mine also set on the middle clip. Kits used for top and bottom arms were Super Pro

Hi chappie, did you use the factory coils? how much lift did it give you?

Hi NavTez. What clip position did you use on the front struts? Did you use Dobinsons MD coils as well? would like to see some pics if you have them

Mate, I used the second position as the coils did most of the lift. Dobinsons MD from memory. They are pretty solid, though I have a steel bar and plan on a winch and underbody protection which will make them just about right.

My understanding is that if you are keeping the front stock (without a bullbar etc) the stock springs will be ok for a while. But if you're adding weight to it then for the cost of new coils (cheap), just change them, it's well worth it.

I don't have any pics sorry, I'll get around to it.

Mate, I used the second position as the coils did most of the lift. Dobinsons MD from memory. They are pretty solid, though I have a steel bar and plan on a winch and underbody protection which will make them just about right.

My understanding is that if you are keeping the front stock (without a bullbar etc) the stock springs will be ok for a while. But if you're adding weight to it then for the cost of new coils (cheap), just change them, it's well worth it.

I don't have any pics sorry, I'll get around to it.

yeah, I've already bought the Dobinsons MD coils, just wondering whether I go straight to the second clip or start on the first as I only have an alloy bar. I think I'll do the rear first and see how it sits then decide.
cheers!

Go straight to the 2nd clip.
There will be about 15mm in height difference in each groove

is the second clip as high as you can go? I'm seriously looking at these with after market UCAs. Does anyone have a pic of CV angel on the second clip?

Hi chappie, did you use the factory coils? how much lift did it give you?
I had my coils replaced by Nissan on a recall due to the steel bull bar being too heavy, so obviously heavier coils. I did have the measurements but for memory it was close to 50 mils which was enough. It actually surprised me the amount gained on the second ring.

I had my coils replaced by Nissan on a recall due to the steel bull bar being too heavy, so obviously heavier coils. I did have the measurements but for memory it was close to 50 mils which was enough. It actually surprised me the amount gained on the second ring.

the way the shocks are designed, 40mm coils (which the dobinsons are) should give 40mm lift on the first clip, I was just curious what the gains were between the clips, thanks to Zordo for answering that one

Just got the 5100 set of 4 from USA, ordered Monday, here in Perth Friday. Used e shock.com aka DonsSports.com Michigan. Cost $481 with the airfreight being $140 of that. Plan on Dobinson springs all round, LD 35mm lift on rear and 10mm lift on front with 2nd slot from bottom on the shock, giving 35mm or so. Super cheap autos supplying the dobinsons kit for $900ish. Have the Nissan winch bar on front without winch, getting the underbody plates, has arb canopy, but mainly unladen or light loaded. Wanted touring and town comfort/control so didn't want it raised too much. Will advise on the results. Put the back 5100s on last night with the original springs, old original shocks (108K) were now only half full of oil, no wonder the back end used to wander around...

Just got the 5100 set of 4 from USA, ordered Monday, here in Perth Friday. Used e shock.com aka DonsSports.com Michigan. Cost $481 with the airfreight being $140 of that. Plan on Dobinson springs all round, LD 35mm lift on rear and 10mm lift on front with 2nd slot from bottom on the shock, giving 35mm or so. Super cheap autos supplying the dobinsons kit for $900ish. Have the Nissan winch bar on front without winch, getting the underbody plates, has arb canopy, but mainly unladen or light loaded. Wanted touring and town comfort/control so didn't want it raised too much. Will advise on the results. Put the back 5100s on last night with the original springs, old original shocks (108K) were now only half full of oil, no wonder the back end used to wander around...

Hi d-lec,

just wondering how you went with this? got any pics? what heights did you achieve?

Cheers, Tim.

Latest posts

Back