2012/13 colorado

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your old man got the V6 didn't he Krafty ?

A mate had a 1992 model 4Runner with the mighty 3L (2.8L) powerhouse with 33's. God that thing was painful to drive with those tyres.

My one is drivable with 31's and the turbo, i wouldnt dream of running bigger rubber with the same gearing, but as the saying goes,
always late in the 2.8 :hahaha:

Another mate had a LN106 which was turbo. Him and his Mrs split and she wanted the Ute back as the loan was in her name.

Pulled off a reasonable burnout the old 2.8.

Pretty sure another mate put a few sardines under the carpet. Lol.

Probably still more reliable then a YD25 though. Maybe should change the service manual to say YD25 powered vehicles should have the timing chain changed every 100,000km's.

Find me so reports on major issues with the 4JJ1-TC Isuzu engine.

Bet you have trouble finding info.

Out of interest, why do you dislike Dmax's so much ?

The D22 is a good truck but the YD25 would have to have one of the worst history's of any engine and engine in its class.

Hence why I didn't buy one and would never buy a YD25 powered vehicle.

I don't like there looks
I don't like there electrical crap,2 sticks,manual hubs please
And I don't like The Isuzu brand
Way over rated like toymota
But as long as you are happy With your Ute why worry bout what I Think?

and they dont seem to sell many?
infact the dmax doesnt even show up on the list
people arent buying them for a reason?

Top five utes 2012
1. Toyota HiLux - 40,646
2. Nissan Navara - 26,045
3. Mitsubishi Triton - 18,502
4. Ford Ranger - 18,097
5. Holden Colorado - 12,902

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...ecord-highs-20130104-2c850.html#ixzz2ZEFtMjES

Last edited:
I don't like there looks
I don't like there electrical crap,2 sticks,manual hubs please
And I don't like The Isuzu brand
Way over rated like toymota
But as long as you are happy With your Ute why worry bout what I Think?

and they dont seem to sell many?
infact the dmax doesnt even show up on the list
people arent buying them for a reason?

Top five utes 2012
1. Toyota HiLux - 40,646
2. Nissan Navara - 26,045
3. Mitsubishi Triton - 18,502
4. Ford Ranger - 18,097
5. Holden Colorado - 12,902

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/business/the-...ecord-highs-20130104-2c850.html#ixzz2ZEFtMjES

Meh. Holden sell more Commodore's then Audi sell's A6's, doesn't mean the Commodore is a better car. Does it ?

Take the D22 out of the sales figure and see how the figures go.

Dave and 180, could of been lowrange 2wd I can't remember.

I remember it smoking up though Toyota's dog shit Lsd had it doing 2 wheels for a bit and then 1 wheel.

i loved the new Colorado when i first saw the "show edition" that was launched, all pumped up with 20's etc, the base models look fugly! I was in the market for one but in early 2012, they couldn't even give me indicative pricing, so I went with my original choice of the D40

I change cars over every 3 years with between 120 and 150k on the clock, so although I'm out of warranty, most issues don't bother me as I'll sell it early if I have to and get a new one.

and dave, I was one person who said the D-Max is under powered, but that's purely based on figures on paper, I've never driven one so I couldn't really say, I do however, like the new D-Max and would consider one next...

Take the D22 out of the sales figure and see how the figures go.

Around here if you take the 22's out the figures would barely change there is easily 3 to 1 40's to 22's on the road around here. Utes out number other 4wds and Nissan out sells Toyota. But at the end of the day none of it means one is better than the other it just shows people are still allowed to have a personal preference.....it can't be helped that some peoples personal preference is fcuked up.

I see heaps of D40's and D22's up here in QLD both are good cars if a little long in the tooth.

Hilux is also the number one selling car and has been for the last 3 years in QLD, NT and WA IIRC that may change soon though since mines have to have ancap 5 rated cars now.

Mines like any big business are interested more in the bottom line than anything else and when a bean counter looks at costs and says one make or model is dearer than another he doesn't care with it's got a Toyota badge or a Great Wall badge and that is why even some of the larger mines are now running anything from Toyota's to Great Wall's.

Mines like any big business are interested more in the bottom line than anything else and when a bean counter looks at costs and says one make or model is dearer than another he doesn't care with it's got a Toyota badge or a Great Wall badge and that is why even some of the larger mines are now running anything from Toyota's to Great Wall's.

For business that's what matters, purchase price plus scheduled servicing, government departments turn vehicles over at 40 thou, so long term issues real or perceived don't factor into it either

Yeah and all those cushy deals Holden Ford and Toyota had with big business are slowly dwindling as the dollar becomes more weighted than any other factor. But fanbois will still about able to say intellectual comments like "Vehicle X is tough and reliable because they are used in the mines" X will just be more of a variable.

they changed because with all the work place health and safety bullshit not because they prefer another brand, cost of a new vehicle fleet might be what $3million? the legal costs and payout figures for an employee/s getting killed in a vehicle accident and them not doing all they can to provide a safer vehicle could be many times higher then that.

Most big businesses have always run Toyota utilities and Toyota have had mutually beneficial lucrative contracts with many companies for years.

remember theres more then one way to skin a cat.

Servicing, downtime, fuel consumption, fit out costs, service life, resale value ect are all things to be considered and like I said before the most important workers compensation or lack of it if someone is injured in an unsafe vehicle.

i loved the new Colorado when i first saw the "show edition" that was launched, all pumped up with 20's etc, the base models look fugly! I was in the market for one but in early 2012, they couldn't even give me indicative pricing, so I went with my original choice of the D40

I change cars over every 3 years with between 120 and 150k on the clock, so although I'm out of warranty, most issues don't bother me as I'll sell it early if I have to and get a new one.

and dave, I was one person who said the D-Max is under powered, but that's purely based on figures on paper, I've never driven one so I couldn't really say, I do however, like the new D-Max and would consider one next...

A Ferrari looks good on paper with 500kw. Doesn't mean it will tow well.

Manufacturers make all these claims, my Dmax us rated at 3t towing capacity, if I was towing much weight all the time I'd buy a small truck as its geared to do that sort of work everyday.

Much like all the power claims from different manufacturers.

most important workers compensation or lack of it if someone is injured in an unsafe vehicle.

any car thats legally registered in australia has to comply with several safety conditions
if the car is legally registered and roadworthy the employer has more than met his obligations to supply a "SAFE" car
if the said vehicle is used on ANY worksite, its deemed safe as long as it complies to site specific guidelines,ie mine cars with flashing lights and flags ect
the brand of car means nothing
my 2 cents :cheers:

Last edited:
Only 5 star ANCAP rated dozers and diggers for you then sparra.

seriously mate you wouldnt believe the condition of most of the gear we use
18t forklifts that regularly "drop a steer wheel"
other quite large unique mobile machinery thats simply "falling apart"
bobcats that ,yeah no comment,dont get me started
but they are deemed by a multinational company to be "safe and suitable for the job"
thats why i now have 3 herniated discs in 2 levels and am staring down the barrell of a major back operation
and ime not the only one

now
back on topic
fkuc them new colarados look fugly:cheers!:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back