2013 Navara Muster date and location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell yeah........unless i'm in a coma or dead........or wife says no.

Dogs weren't allowed at Ados because it was a family event and there were fox baits laid, plus we didn't want Peter's station dogs getting upset (Ados is a working sheep/cattle station).

I've read through the rules that other 4WD clubs have for their events and the larger proportion of the ones I saw did NOT allow dogs. Some arguments against having dogs were incessant late-night barking, children who don't know how to behave around a dog (eg pulling at various body parts until bitten), then there's the poop etc. The only arguments I've seen in favour of bringing dogs is that the dogs were friendly, well-behaved and quiet - which (reading some experiences of other clubs) all changed when exposed to various other dog breeds. This led to the subsequent disallowance of dogs at those events.

So, do we allow dogs? My personal preference is not to, and even if it's decided to allow dogs on this occasion so that we can see for ourselves, I won't bring mine - mostly because one sniff of her by another dog and she'll be brekky for them.

I think this is something we'll probably talk about at the next meeting.

Did this get discussed as yet?
Has there been a definitive yes or no decided?
I'd love to bring the dog as he loves getting away as much as i do.

We raised the issue again at last week's meeting. In line with other 4WD clubs that take families to their gatherings, it was decided that we would ask dog owners to leave their dogs at home.

Ados was a special case - as a working farm, the owner asked us to not bring dogs, and there were fox baits laid everywhere. I don't know what the surrounds up at Janowen Hills are like with respect to baiting, but we are anticipating at least one trip in through a nearby state forest and another full day trip up through a bunch of river crossings - including the one featured on the home page of this forum - and a visit to Queen Mary Falls as well. I have no idea whether these areas are baited or if they fall under the jurisdiction of the NPWS.

So in short, my own dog will stay at home - I don't want to be stepping in her poo late at night anyway!

Have u thought of a day trip down to Sundown National Park? From Janowen Hills its an easy drive to the park with some great scenery and some good tracks as well.

The following link shows u a tracklog along with pics of the place Sundown NP Weekend Trip 2013

Just a thought if u are looking for other spots to travel / explore over the period.

Have u thought of a day trip down to Sundown National Park? From Janowen Hills its an easy drive to the park with some great scenery and some good tracks as well.

The following link shows u a tracklog along with pics of the place Sundown NP Weekend Trip 2013

Just a thought if u are looking for other spots to travel / explore over the period.

Thanks for the input robmacca, we are looking for tracks in nearby parks etc.

Sorry, Sparra you'll have to use your tent this time.

It's a 4WD park. Odds are circle work has been done there before and will be done again.

We'll do our best to make sure the circle work area is within visual range of the camp.

There is a play pen for circle work and stuffing around . But alas it is not with in sight of the camping area

We're just putting the trip stuff together now, and need to have another meeting to sign off on it (which might just be a "yeah looks good let's make sure it'll work" kinda thing).

With 5 months to go, seeking sponsors is high on the agenda, as is making sure we will have enough goodies to hand out to make everyone happy.

There are several trips that we're considering, one of them - Condamine Gorge - crosses 14 rivers including the one that you can see on the home page of this forum. A trek to Queen Mary Falls (see pic below) and a run through a nearby state forest are all being looked at. The Condamine Gorge run will be an all-day thing, by the looks - and we'll need to make sure that there's fuel nearby plus carry some spare fuel with us (there goes any hope of having space in MY tub!).

I do suggest that anyone coming along on these trips bring one or more of the following:

* A Go-Pro
* Black box recorder
* High quality digital SLR camera

because some of the scenery is going to be worth killing for. We'll put together a list of things for each of the trips so that if you want to come along you can be prepared.

Queen Mary Falls:

220px-Queen_Mary_Falls.jpg

It's going to be fun!

We're after both kinds of sponsors. Cash allows us to buy specific things for people coming along, or pay for stuff. Goodies can be handouts if there's a lot of them, or prizes (like the surprise number plate draw we did) or raffle prizes that allows us to make a donation on behalf of the entrants to an organisation. Last time, we sold $750 worth of tickets - and I've got the certificate here from the RFDS thanking us for the $750 donation. I think there's value in doing that again!

We'll decide which way things go with all the bits once we get them. Obviously hats, stubby coolers, bumper stickers and things like that aren't going to be raffled or used for a "lucky number" contest but they're great "stocking fillers" and are greatly appreciated. I suspect that ARB will be the main prize supplier again - and why I'm more than happy to wave the ARB flag (and I actually have one, that ARB asked me to keep!) whenever I can.

Latest posts

Back