2013 Navara Muster date and location

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi lads,

I might start a new thread with this info on it, but here's the latest...

Try as we might, we could not get a major sponsor for the Muster this year. Sorry everyone. We took as long as possible scouting and phoning companies before we had to make a call to just have the Muster in a simpler format this year than what we would have liked to. No 4WD TV this time round. But that's all good and the Muster is still on!

So here's the specifics:

Dates:
18 - 20 October 2013
Janowen 4WD park (check website info http://janowenhills.com.au/?page_id=4)​

Why here:
It has great camping facilities, coin op showers and 4wd tracks​

Cost:
$50 / adult
$20/ child under 15
kids under 5 free​

Includes:
Adults 2 nights camping, Muster T-Shirt and car sticker. Kids will get activity bag. Helps cover insurance costs that are unfortunately needed nowadays.​

4wd'ing:
Not everyone goes 4wding, so this is an extra cost for those who want to run up and down the comp trails in Janowen - this is an extra $25 / ute for the whole weekend​

Food:
BYO everything - we are not doing a group meal this year. There is a small convenience store 2 minutes up the road

Facilities:
As per website, site has 'coin op' showers and toilets, trash collection, several camp grounds we can use if we get lots of people coming along, creek, small old quarry for vertical stuff and circle work and comp trails backing onto State Forest​

Day Trips:
This site is not far from several nature sites that we will, like in 2011, run day trips for those who do not like the 4wd'ing that can be done on site. Stay tuned for this stuff in the coming weeks!​

Previous trips to Janowen
If you want to see whats at Janowen, check out this previous trip by Forum members
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.ph...anowen&page=18
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.ph...hlight=Janowen

there are some video's on Raywise's youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/raywise?feature=watch

and I think from Rustynav:
http://www.youtube.com/user/navstr09?feature=watch

Sponsors and lucky door prizes
We are still after sponsors and gifts we can use for showbags, raffles or door prizes to give away at the Muster itself. If anyone is interested, please PM contact either myself, Old Tony or Siringo​

RSVP
We shall have the Rego form up on the website soon and hope people will fill it in and come along.​

cheers all,

Luke

that auto box still giving you the shits mate
or is it the lack of sleep with the new bub in the house
you shoulda kept the old d40
that thing was awesome (for a 40)

Nissan did say they'd send a Rep with a Nav out which we replied they'd be welcome to attend if they'd like to come. They seemed more interested in promos for other cars in their fleet this year so nothing else offered. I haven't heard back from them if they will come out for a play.

Nissan did say they'd send a Rep with a Nav out which we replied they'd be welcome to attend if they'd like to come. They seemed more interested in promos for other cars in their fleet this year so nothing else offered. I haven't heard back from them if they will come out for a play.

Maybe they will bring the new POOTROL along so we can all have a laugh,, oopss i meant look

So is the venue booked for nav's only or will it be open to public as well?

Mitch its a very big property . They hold comps there all the time and it s still open to the public. ;)

We can book it out if we get enough people wanting to come along :)

I'm just doing up a trip guide for all the fun stuff to do in the area (for those not familiar with the Scenic Rim area) and there's a tonne of walking tracks and dirt trails to play along (as well as the fun stuff to play in at Janowen as well).

Yep
4mths and counting
I spoke to old tony today and there's a lot going on

See ya there
As long as my back op doesn't stop me from attending

Update -

we are having another meeting tonight and on Sunday I am off to scout some nearby trails, check directions from the Janowen campsite etc. There are at least 4 trails I will look out for between the Gap and Warwick and I'll put together a trip guide for those that want to come along to the Muster and go out for some site seeing trips!

One of the trails is the 14 River Crossings trail up the Condamine - something we've done a few times already. It will be on again for the Muster, prob combined with Queen Mary Falls (there's a 4 falls route as well)

Stay tuned

Luke

Had an awesome planning trip to Janowen today with Gonzo.... things coming together really, really nicely!!

BRILLIANT NEWS - we have a couple of sponsors coming on board with some fantastic donated products for us to give away as prizes and raffles. More on that later.

We'd love to see as many people come along for the Muster this year. Its a fantastic 4wd park and there are some stunning forests and mountain lookouts all round the place. Some tasty pics coming soon

cheers

Sounds good and great news about sponsors, well done guys for all the work you are putting in for the event.

Latest posts

Back