2015 muster location suggestions

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe not so much. How do they expect to make money at that rate?? No one would bother when the competition is so much cheaper.

Mounds of Mayhem - SA maybe??

One thing we must do is keep the costs down or people simply wont come
sry steve last post, prices were wrong
There are some good parks out there within our price range
But who said its being held in a 4wd park?

Last edited:
Hahahaha so no 4wd park...
Do we start listing random properties?
Might need to give us some more clues though

Maybe not so much. How do they expect to make money at that rate?? No one would bother when the competition is so much cheaper.

Mounds of Mayhem - SA maybe??

Just for anyone interested Eldee station charges are

$34 per night for 2x adults on an unpowered site, or $36 for powered

$10 per night per child under 16yrs old

4x4 5 day pass is $55, this is for access to 100% of the park

Hahahaha so no 4wd park...
Do we start listing random properties?
Might need to give us some more clues though

It's east of Uganda.

Seriously, there have been more surprise alternatives thrown at us since we started handing out clues, and now our previous clues aren't as valid as they once were.

And just to mix things up even more and make it harder for the committee, maybe a few of you could take a look at some places you know of, and their facilities and costs, plus access and features, and consider proximity to major centres etc etc - these are all things that the Committee have done already to dozens and dozens of sites, and we can't cover them all - what a shame if we missed out on a gem!

Let's use this thread for what we intended - rather than a guessing game, how about make some suggestions?

For what it's worth, we have narrowed things down to 3 sites that rank highly in meeting our needs with the previously preferred site being 450km from the ocean and south of the border (this has changed ranking due to an offer from one of the other sites). There is NO harm in suggesting a few more, so let us know what you think!

1) Would people object to travelling 1200km from Sydney in order to stay at a truly iconic place?

2) Would people object to higher costs per night in order to stay at this place?

3) Would people object to having to take an entire week to do "the muster" - in other words, the Muster is a Monday-arvo to Friday-morning thing, leaving the surrounding weekends to get there and back?

4) Does anyone here object to being in South Australia?

5) How many of you have 1 woods, and would be willing to carry said toad-dispersal-device as far as Bundaberg Qld?

So let's talk about what's possible?

The important factor for me is time.
My criteria for a week will be:
School holidays and, at least 6 myths notice to confirm time off work.
Maybe some members may have "friends with paddocks" who can provide camping space for responsible 4wd enthusiasts who are on a trek.
I carry a pitching wedge and an empty paint tin. My short game sucks.

I can provide 2 properties mate where the only cost would be public liability and the other part would be the hire of portaloos all in better country than most parks have to offer and forest very close. But I am losing enthusiasm so I will leave it to the better of us. The time it is taking to spuce up my home is crazy.
HJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back