33's or 32??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not trying to piss anyone off here but the D40 isn't ever going to match a hilux off road. Yes they do look better, ride better, and are 1000 times nicer to be in.
With a 2 inch lift & 32inch tyres the D40 is adequate, at least for what i want to do, what I was wondering is if the additional inch of tyre, which is half an inch of ground clearence makes much difference off road?
I was (and still am) considering the 5inch lift and 33inch tyres, reason for 5inch to get the ramp over & departure angles up, the two things that get me caught up off road.
And I recon they look cool with the 5inch & 33's

I had a hilux once and the D40's better in every way shape and form. Hilux's are shit. They are just living on a name from 20 years ago. All of them from '92 on aren't worth pissing on.
Does an extra half inch make a difference? Well it all help's, might make a difference in one place, but then not in another.

Last edited:
I suppose you also get the extra width on the 33's, probably bag out better with low pressures.

I test drove the Hilux when I got my second D40 last year as I thought I should have an open mind. Yeah they are shit. My Mrs just put a plain stop on them because of how they are inside. She was even more keen pom a land rover defender after being in a hilux.
I've a mate with a Ranger & one with a BT50 (same car) and they are surprisingly good off road, better stock than my 2inch lifted D40

why whats wrong with your d40? do u get stuck everywhere?

i don't see how a hilux would be any better?? pretty much the same set ups .

the d40 is a little longer and maybe slightly wider but i dint think it would make much differences..

my d40 will have to do for now im not changing now i haven't had it long.
the plan was to do 2'' lift with 33's or maybe 32's iv took my d40 threw some crappy tracks when shes been no lift and not any good wheels and i dint think it went that bad .. well i did get stuck but i put it down to the lack of mods.

D40 too long & too low, I get hung up everywhere where the stock BT 50 walks through.
Hilux suspension actually works, D40 won't ever work the same regardless of what you spend.
D40 is a car in my opinion

boxy did a 2'' lift and 2'' body he thinks its awesome...

it sounds like u do off road a bit why did u buy 2 d40s??? or why don't u sell it and get a patrol?

navdog_d40 said:
the d40 is a little longer and maybe slightly wider but i dint think it would make much differences..

Being wider is actually an advantage, as it gives you a better centre of gravity. Nissan have all ways know this, look at the patrol.
Long is a little problem with ramp over, but nothing you can't over come with pickin the right line.
Hilux suspension does not work its made out of tin foil, their UCA's are that thin they bend. There ball joint flog out at the drop of a hat and there cv's last 2 minutes. Our Hilux's spent more time in the workshop then in the pit.

Last edited:
I wouldn't try mate, they will scrup out on the sill at the back of you inner guard (not just plastic guard). you could end up either bending your sill or cut the tyre.
I have a 30mm body lift and I still had too have my sill modded by my panel beater mate. vertually had too cut put of the sill off then paint so it didn't rust.

Speaking of 33's I just scored a set of Maxxis bighorns. Swapped them for my mt mtz.

but if i cut that out the inner guard with the height be ok??

i no that most do body lift but coz i live in vic its not something i really wanted to do..

if you could take some pics that would be good ..

navdog_d40 said:
but if i cut that out the inner guard with the height be ok??

i no that most do body lift but coz i live in vic its not something i really wanted to do..

if you could take some pics that would be good ..

Not sure, you probably have too cut a heap more of them as it would scup when at full lock.
I think you should try 275/7516's they may fit better without a body lift, but there hard too get hold of in aus. Did see someone on eBay selling maxxis bighorns new in that size.

there hasn't been much feed back yet ... plus its like 3000 bucks apposed to 1600
and all for that one 1'' more..

also they cant even run a simple website.

maybe i should just take the chance on the 1'' body block

Latest posts

Back