33's or 32??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi nav d0g,

i have a D40 with a 2 inch OME susp lift with no bull bar, and im not able to fit 33's (275/70/r18) only way i think i can make it work is a xrox bar and abit of massaging of the guards without obviously doing the body lift.

Last edited:
Ruffled a few feathers I guess!

What I was asking originally was whether the extra half inch you get from a 33" tyre made any difference, the 2" lift & 32" muddies made a huge difference to stock, as you would expect, not sure the difference would be that great going 32"-33".

Not into trying the comp lines, thats why I got the D40, its by far the nicest dual cab ute out there as a car, the 4x4 ability with the 2" lift & 32" tyres is plenty to get me where I want to go (places similar to the picture by D40ryan). I actually love my D40, thats why i'm on my second one, it is perfect for me, i'm just stating facts, it is long & low, two elements that hinder them off road, I suppose it all depends how you define hard & how hard you want to go.

Also i'm not bitching about illegal mods, I agree with what your saying actually, if you want it jacked up with big rubber get your hand in your pocket & do it. And D40Ryan, once you've gone your much higher lift & locker i'd be keen to hear how it goes in comparison to: A- Stock & B- How you have it now.

And if someone has a big lift, big muddies and all the gear just for show and never goes off road I also don't have any issue with that either, thats up to the individual.

Maybe I should have started another thread titled "BT-50, Ranger & Hilux go remarkably well off road in standard trim".

As for keeping up with comp trucks- Mate you're a legend

I too think the navs are a bit soft when it comes in stock form compaired to the hilux and new the ranger' but I'm a nissan man at the end of the day and when i put on the aftermarket uca's ,lift and rear locker and 33's it totaly change it's abillity in the bush. D40ryan you will most likley have to trim the front fender about 15mm to make them fit properley, my nav has about 110mm lift and i still had to trim my front guards to make em fit.

I too think the navs are a bit soft when it comes in stock form compaired to the hilux and new the ranger' but I'm a nissan man at the end of the day and when i put on the aftermarket uca's ,lift and rear locker and 33's it totaly change it's abillity in the bush. D40ryan you will most likley have to trim the front fender about 15mm to make them fit properley, my nav has about 110mm lift and i still had to trim my front guards to make em fit.

D40 ryan and i already run 100-120 mm lift with 33's with minimal gaurd massaging needed and they dont scrub anywhere,once i get back from cape in august , im putting in a bulk order with calmini for the 5 inch kit

hi nav d0g,

i have a D40 with a 2 inch OME susp lift with no bull bar, and im not able to fit 33's (275/70/r18) only way i think i can make it work is a xrox bar and abit of massaging of the guards without obviously doing the body lift.

Thanks mate yeah I'm getting 2" lift on Thursday I'm going to get 265 cooper st max
One of my mate has them and there pretty Colse to a 33 anyway

Latest posts

Back