33's or 32??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading back threw the thread.. so monster can get me up 3" will I then be able .to fitt 285 under
Also lifting it 3" is there any problems with lifting that high?

Running a 3" lift "may" get you 33's or 285's but you might still have too mod a little. With a 3" lift you will probably have too have UCA's too.
I'm thinking of swiping over too the mister kit eventually, but I'm not going too race out and get it as mines set up pritty good at them moment, but have been thinking of goin another 1" higher.
I'm not sure about the illegality of strut spacers, but I do now you don't wast too go to high with them. You can get 10mm, 20mm and 1" spacers just to even out your ride height.

I'm running a 45mm coil lift plus a 30mm spacer lift along with a 40mm body lift and also have total chaos uca's and i still had to trim 15mm off my the back of my front gaurd and re lip it to clear the 285's. it also has offset camber bushes in it aswell to put the wheels back to normal. thats how mine rolls'

Running a 3" lift "may" get you 33's or 285's but you might still have too mod a little. With a 3" lift you will probably have too have UCA's too.
I'm thinking of swiping over too the mister kit eventually, but I'm not going too race out and get it as mines set up pritty good at them moment, but have been thinking of goin another 1" higher.
I'm not sure about the illegality of strut spacers, but I do now you don't wast too go to high with them. You can get 10mm, 20mm and 1" spacers just to even out your ride height.

the monster rides thread says we should be about to run 3'' with outs the control arms ...

i no even with a 3'' ill have to cut the inner guard but that's ok i don't mind.

but i thought coil spaced where bad ..and i dont want body lift so maybe monster rides is the way to go... will cost me more tho

Sorry boys, may have missed it but what tyres are you running now Navdog And what were you planning on putting on if you could?
I thought navarrian had something similar to what you wanted from memory.....?
James.

Is that the Cooper SST or AT3's? Yeah I know what you mean with the clearance issue, I wanted the same thing so tried to scrape every last mm without cutting the body or doing the lift.
I had the Cooper ATR's (260 70 16 or similar, I think from memory) and upgraded to the maxxis bighorns (265 75 16). I LOVE THEM!
I was told by the tyre guy that it would scrape, but I told him otherwise so he did one as a trial to ensure it wouldn't. On full lock iv got about 15mm between the tyre and the guard.
I think I got around 40mm extra height from those and I could tell as soon as I got in. It's the little things... :)

Is that the Cooper SST or AT3's? Yeah I know what you mean with the clearance issue, I wanted the same thing so tried to scrape every last mm without cutting the body or doing the lift.
I had the Cooper ATR's (260 70 16 or similar, I think from memory) and upgraded to the maxxis bighorns (265 75 16). I LOVE THEM!
I was told by the tyre guy that it would scrape, but I told him otherwise so he did one as a trial to ensure it wouldn't. On full lock iv got about 15mm between the tyre and the guard.
I think I got around 40mm extra height from those and I could tell as soon as I got in. It's the little things... :)

yeh mate i think im going to get 265 too.. all i can get with a 2'' lift anyways
40mm that's a good improvement hopfully have my lift and wheels next week or so :) cant wait
hmm S/T MAXX Heavy Duty All-Terrain i think they are good for a a/t

there a 50/50 so good for all things.

Do 33in tyres really make that much difference to 32in? The D40 isn't ever going to be that good off road
F!#$ comments like this piss me "the d40 isnt ever going to be that good off road" put it in the hands of someone that can drive then see how well it performs off road,do u expect it to perform like a comp truck???????

I'm not trying to piss anyone off here but the D40 isn't ever going to match a hilux off road. Yes they do look better, ride better, and are 1000 times nicer to be in.
With a 2 inch lift & 32inch tyres the D40 is adequate, at least for what i want to do, what I was wondering is if the additional inch of tyre, which is half an inch of ground clearence makes much difference off road?
I was (and still am) considering the 5inch lift and 33inch tyres, reason for 5inch to get the ramp over & departure angles up, the two things that get me caught up off road.
And I recon they look cool with the 5inch & 33's
never going to match a hilux hahahahahahaha what a crock of S#@t "just sell it and buy a pootrol more built for people who just want to point it at an obstacle and jump on the gas ,less room to stuff it
'

D40 too long & too low, I get hung up everywhere where the stock BT 50 walks through.
Hilux suspension actually works, D40 won't ever work the same regardless of what you spend.
D40 is a car in my opinion
hahahahahhahaahah omg im rolling on the floor laughing my ass off yet again, can i suggest a 4x4 course for you,im surprised not every other d40 owner is not sitting in front of there computer shaking there heads"D40 is a car in my opinion" if thats the case might aswell sell it i think the hyundai sante fae is on run out hahhaah

im getting my lift and wheels next week if all goes to plan.

im sorry for my previous posts. i was more angry at the dealer than i was at the car i think i took it out on the car.
i am now seeing that i really like the navara just need to mod it now its coming together.

im not going as big as you boxy only 2'' lift and 265/75/r16 but i hope to see some good improvements and im leaning as i go.

once again apologies navdog.

It will be a big difference once you have the lift and tyres. As I said, I noticed it massively after the new rubber alone.
As boxy says too, (well I'm summising I think) it has a lot to do with the lines you choose to drive.
Choice of line could mean "make or serious break" out there....
Tracks are always changing so every one needs to be approached one at a time, not just "if in doubt, power out...."

F!#$ comments like this piss me "the d40 isnt ever going to be that good off road" put it in the hands of someone that can drive then see how well it performs off road,do u expect it to perform like a comp truck???????

i do :) mine keeps up with a couple comp trucks actually.

a wise man once told me "its not how you stand by your car its how you race your car" and i dont stand by my car.

also it has become more apparent of late that the people that bitch about the capability are the ones that have absolutely stock trucks and bitch about "illegal mods" stop being a tight arse and get a mod plate made up, thats what there for.

i personally will be going much higher lift then current with locker allthough i do just fine now.

below is one picture from saturday on the easier part of the hill where i was able to stop for a photo.

Attachments

• 599685_10150896065036687_1266900019_n.jpg
    599685_10150896065036687_1266900019_n.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 127
Ruffled a few feathers I guess!

What I was asking originally was whether the extra half inch you get from a 33" tyre made any difference, the 2" lift & 32" muddies made a huge difference to stock, as you would expect, not sure the difference would be that great going 32"-33".

Not into trying the comp lines, thats why I got the D40, its by far the nicest dual cab ute out there as a car, the 4x4 ability with the 2" lift & 32" tyres is plenty to get me where I want to go (places similar to the picture by D40ryan). I actually love my D40, thats why i'm on my second one, it is perfect for me, i'm just stating facts, it is long & low, two elements that hinder them off road, I suppose it all depends how you define hard & how hard you want to go.

Also i'm not bitching about illegal mods, I agree with what your saying actually, if you want it jacked up with big rubber get your hand in your pocket & do it. And D40Ryan, once you've gone your much higher lift & locker i'd be keen to hear how it goes in comparison to: A- Stock & B- How you have it now.

And if someone has a big lift, big muddies and all the gear just for show and never goes off road I also don't have any issue with that either, thats up to the individual.

Maybe I should have started another thread titled "BT-50, Ranger & Hilux go remarkably well off road in standard trim".

As for keeping up with comp trucks- Mate you're a legend

Get up em Boxy your right though everyone that is going to whinge and bitch learn to drive or go get a different ute to keep u happy

Latest posts

Back