400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petez

Reaction score
I am in the middle of a yes and no situation with arb, any help would be good!!!
I'm currently running 250KG Constant Load Leaf Springs with 2inch greaseable shackles, they flex surprisingly well. I carry tools everyday and everything was fine until i put on new arb rear bar, canopy, roofracks and siderails. Its now sagging with my tools in it because of extra weight, arb wants to add another leaf but it brings it up to 400kg constant load, does anyone have these springs and think they are too stiff and do not flex?

I was going down this route too, Ive a canopy, steel roof rack, 2 spare wheels on the roof, extra batteries and a 2 tonne trailer( thats a small portion of the list). I put air bags in the back around 40000k ago to help level out the back again, works great, I run the bags at 40psi all week and then let them back down to 20psi for the weekends.
I was going to go with the tougher springs but I heard they will be a killer to live with on dirt tracks.
New aftermarket shocks made a big difference too.
Theres a few horror stories around about bending chassis with air bags but I have had no probs.

Yea I heard those 3sds are great they flex when u want them to and carry good loads, is this true?, I was thinking considering airbags Aswell but If I went that way I would take 2 leads out of my current leaf spring to give me best flex and have airbags with a dedicated compressor with a left and right switch so u can level off camber tracks if your about to roll.

I just ordered medium tough dog leaf springs for $360 from superior engineering and also ordered ironman constant load add ons for the springs!! Will easily carry a heavy load

Be careful with the sax 3 stage springs guys. I have just bought some and they are rough as guts. I rang and complained and they have admitted the new springs they have just brought out for the navara were a failure. He told me they are going back to the drawing board and starting again and when the problem is fixed they are going to send me another set foc. I will keep you posed on this one.

Be careful with the sax 3 stage springs guys. I have just bought some and they are rough as guts. I rang and complained and they have admitted the new springs they have just brought out for the navara were a failure. He told me they are going back to the drawing board and starting again and when the problem is fixed they are going to send me another set foc. I will keep you posed on this one.

For a d22??? Ill buy yours haha

Mine are the new model springs with four adjustments on them. On the softest setting setting with no load they are rougher than my standard springs with a helper leaf added. With a load they are still rough but not as bad. Sax have admitted there is a problem as they have had other complaints and are going to fix it. We will wait and see!! Meanwhile my poor old back is copping a bashing.

i have a mate with a d22 same as mine we both got our suspension upgrade roughly the same time, ome 2 inch everything the same, he carries no load and his is stiff you can feel every bump in the road, i carry tools everyday in the ute, i unloaded mine completely last weekend and drove unloaded, smooth as you could imagine!! just putting it out there maybe carry some heavy weight for a few months and they might settle

Do you have the new one with four adjustments or the D21 spring with two adjustments? I think that is the difference. Mine is a single cab with a 2" lift and with my slide on camper on with all the gear in it only sagged 10mm. So took her down to the weighbridge and all up topped 3 tonne. So have come to the conclusion they are too bloody hard!!!

Im happy with mine, its a steel tray cab chas. Unloaded is firm ride but in a good way, but yeah, probly cld use maybe 50-100kg ballast at back of tray for full articulation 4b-ing. Loaded its beautiful.

Why don't they still sell the d22 single cab tray? I would have bought one Instead of 4 door

I just ordered medium tough dog leaf springs for $360 from superior engineering and also ordered ironman constant load add ons for the springs!! Will easily carry a heavy load

Calcal

Just wanna give you a pre warning about the add ons by ironman. Had a set on my single cab bt and shattered the u bolts. Apparently it is quite common for the u bolts to let go. I've been told its because it can't move freely with the springs so it takes on so my pressure and tension the just break. This is just a pre warning about them. You may be lucky and have no issues with them. I know Sax do a add on leaf but it had a rolling system to allow the leaf to move with the pack, the same as there old version 3sds packs

Calcal

Just wanna give you a pre warning about the add ons by ironman. Had a set on my single cab bt and shattered the u bolts. Apparently it is quite common for the u bolts to let go. I've been told its because it can't move freely with the springs so it takes on so my pressure and tension the just break. This is just a pre warning about them. You may be lucky and have no issues with them. I know Sax do a add on leaf but it had a rolling system to allow the leaf to move with the pack, the same as there old version 3sds packs

Rusty, thanks for the heads up!!!
I'm canceling my order with ironman man, cheers!

Calcal

Lol you must be convincing he cancelled straight away lol they sound like a cheap fix for shitty spring?

Lol you must be convincing he cancelled straight away lol they sound like a cheap fix for shitty spring?

Lol yeh i ws a bit surprised by that really. I would hate too see one of the members get themselves in strife with a cheap fix. Apparently the Sax ones have a rolling rear section which enables it to move freely. May be a better option? i have never priced them though.

Cheap fix for shitty springs is all it was for my mazda. i had it lowered 2" and needed to be able to carry the same weight so i popped these on and the snapped.

Rusty

Let me know how you go. I bought a full performance pack a while ago now and have nothing but troubles since,(really regretting it) has cost me a fortune.Got my mechanic to fit it and he rings me up and says how much lift is this meant to be, i said 2 inch and he said you better come and have a look. It had raised the rear end 120mm and looked ridiculous and also was back breaking ride. Rang up John and he said they sent the wrong ones and they were constant 600kg and to take 2 leafs out of the pack. So my mechanic has to spend more time on it and pull leafs back out, split the pack, pull 2 leafs out and put it back together and it still sits 80mm high and rides like shit. Ring John again and say i am still not happy and he says he has had half a dozen people complain and has problem sorted out and will send me another set of springs. Get the next set and my mechanic has spend more time on it to remove old springs and put new set in and it still sits up to high in the rear end. So then i bought a set of calmini upper control arms to try and level it out more money) But its still to high in the rear. Ring up John again and he says he will send some longer brackets that will lower it 15mm in the rear so it will sit level with the front.Haven't got them yet, but i am still not happy with the ride of it, way to stiff, maybe i was expecting to much with all the rave reviews of these springs, maybe i shouldn't have gone with their shocks and bought bilsteins like i was going to do and will be in the future. But so far this has cost me a fortune and i am not happy.

Let me know how you go. I bought a full performance pack a while ago now and have nothing but troubles since,(really regretting it) has cost me a fortune.Got my mechanic to fit it and he rings me up and says how much lift is this meant to be, i said 2 inch and he said you better come and have a look. It had raised the rear end 120mm and looked ridiculous and also was back breaking ride. Rang up John and he said they sent the wrong ones and they were constant 600kg and to take 2 leafs out of the pack. So my mechanic has to spend more time on it and pull leafs back out, split the pack, pull 2 leafs out and put it back together and it still sits 80mm high and rides like shit. Ring John again and say i am still not happy and he says he has had half a dozen people complain and has problem sorted out and will send me another set of springs. Get the next set and my mechanic has spend more time on it to remove old springs and put new set in and it still sits up to high in the rear end. So then i bought a set of calmini upper control arms to try and level it out more money) But its still to high in the rear. Ring up John again and he says he will send some longer brackets that will lower it 15mm in the rear so it will sit level with the front.Haven't got them yet, but i am still not happy with the ride of it, way to stiff, maybe i was expecting to much with all the rave reviews of these springs, maybe i shouldn't have gone with their shocks and bought bilsteins like i was going to do and will be in the future. But so far this has cost me a fortune and i am not happy.

Mate that sounds hektic, no offence but i think that people even myself sometimes expect to much out of a "Cab Chassis Ute", they are a (commercially standard build) for utility purposes, doesnt matter if its a hilux or navara you can only go so far with leaf springs it is very OLD technology, and this is where everyones delima is.....my springs vs. your springs lol! I have ome and i read on this forum that they sagg and are shit. They do sagg and dont hold there height but they flex well.

WOW Old Bear that is interesting. i hve Sax 3SDS springs in and they are super comfortable when unloaded and when i load it up i still get the same performance out of them. Mine have been trouble free since day 1. Except for a 3rd stage shackle bolt cross threading but John replaced without questions. I highly rate this product. Also i should mention i put Rancho Adjustale RS9000XL in whne installed springs myself.

I hope you get yours sorted out as thats a shame that you dont get to have the comfort of these springs

Latest posts

Back