400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct me if I'm wrong Rusty but I recon you have the old springs that they made to suit the D21 wheras we have the new ones with the 4 possible adjustments on them. I think this is where they stuffed up.

Correct me if I'm wrong Rusty but I recon you have the old springs that they made to suit the D21 wheras we have the new ones with the 4 possible adjustments on them. I think this is where they stuffed up.

That is correct Joe, But the only difference between the 2 sets of springs which are both made for the D22 Series is that mine only have 2 points of adjustments and doesnt contain a parabolic sping as the 3rd stage. Whereas the new design has a parabolic spring as 3rd stage and also 4 possible settings for adjustments, this to me should make it more comfortable ecspecially with a parabolic spring. I id drive Johns Holix with the new deisgn springs in and they were nice to drive with.

Rusty

Was talking to Sax springs again today, now they recon the springs are ok but it's my monroe shocks that are making the ride so rough. Guess what .... they can sell me some new shocks that will fix the problem. Whats your thoughts guys?

Was talking to Sax springs again today, now they recon the springs are ok but it's my monroe shocks that are making the ride so rough. Guess what .... they can sell me some new shocks that will fix the problem. Whats your thoughts guys?

mate i think that a cop out, monroe shocks cannot be that stiff!!! the brand monroe isnt really up there, i dont think many people use them on 4wd's because there not considered a hard core shock!, just ensure hes just not trying to sell you his product and not fix your original problem

Were the Munroe's installed when you had your old springs fitted and if so what was the ride like?

If the Munroe's were installed new when you fitted the Sax, can you try your old shocks with the Sax?

I put the Monroes on about 6 months ago in the hope that it would soften up my ride with the helper spring on, but it didn't work, thats why I went for the 3 stage sax, but thus far they havn't done the job either. As a test I took the shockers off and went for a spin but they were no better. Thats why I am a bit hesident to spend more coin.

If the Monroe are the problem and are stiff then maybe you should look into adjustable shocks like Rancho or tough dog. I did and haven't regretted it, but then again I have the old style springs

I put the Monroes on about 6 months ago in the hope that it would soften up my ride with the helper spring on, but it didn't work, thats why I went for the 3 stage sax, but thus far they havn't done the job either. As a test I took the shockers off and went for a spin but they were no better. Thats why I am a bit hesident to spend more coin.

sooo in theory if you took them off and drove which you did, doesnt this mean that the munroe shock are too soft? i think that makes sence

If it worries you too much ill swap you my comfort springs with extra lead ;) haha. If not. Got some bilsteins and it'll
Be good

I went with their shocks and wish i hadn't. Ride is so rough, feel every little bump. When i can afford it i will be changing to bilsteins.

Well I bit the bullet and bought some of their shocks. I guess you can't complain if you don't listen to the experts. They have given me a verbal guarantee that this will fix the problem, so we will wait and see. They should arrive in a week or so and they will be going straight on so I will keep you posted.

Well I bit the bullet and bought some of their shocks. I guess you can't complain if you don't listen to the experts. They have given me a verbal guarantee that this will fix the problem, so we will wait and see. They should arrive in a week or so and they will be going straight on so I will keep you posted.

How did the shocks go?

They told me straight out that Bilsteins are better then there shocks.

Already had Bilsteins in, still rides like shit.

Update Joe
Did they fix the problem?

Any updates yet Farmer Joe, I'm really interested to see if this fixed your problem as i am still not happy with mine.Those of us who are not happy should all be ringing up sax to see what they are going to do about it.

It's no better guys. Have been talking to sax today and they are going to call me tomorrow. Will keep you posted.

Still nothing to report. I talked to Sandra then Chris rang me back yesterday. They both seemed to hear that there is a problem. Chris was going to do some research and ring me today. I had a few calls, but none from him. I'm doing my best to be patient but it's wearing a bit thin. Hopefully I will have something to report soon!

Still nothing to report. I talked to Sandra then Chris rang me back yesterday. They both seemed to hear that there is a problem. Chris was going to do some research and ring me today. I had a few calls, but none from him. I'm doing my best to be patient but it's wearing a bit thin. Hopefully I will have something to report soon!

Thanks for the update Joe, They told me John will contact me when he gets back from overseas. Lets hope they get this sorted out.

Latest posts

Back