400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a slight improvement Rob.

Not worth the effort of pulling the old one's out and putting these in.

Okay then..... I think it might be wise to look at going down the EFS path then..... plus a hell of alot cheaper too.

If these guys sold these springs at a reasonable price (& the springs worked) they would end up making more money in the long run. $1200 or so just for the springs is WAY over priced.

Had EFS springs in my first D22, little bit firm but it held the road better and didn't wallow as much as stock springs.

Had EFS springs in my first D22, little bit firm but it held the road better and didn't wallow as much as stock springs.

Yeah, I think there's only rating types: 150kg and 300kg

Took a mates d22 with the 300kg for a drive and it seemed ok but unsure of the load he had in it.......

Na, just had enough of these dog shit Sax springs.

Being !@#$ed around by them made me decide to get a Dmax.

Realistically, I would say the factory leaves with Bilstiens were the best combo. I carry sfa weight and I told John that many a time. However as he said "It will ride like a BMW once these Sax 3 stage springs are in". I didn't believe that, I was only going by how happy Rusty is.

Will have to email consumer affairs in QLD, thats where the Sax office is I think.

They sure have a shit house business plan, lie too customers and get there money.

what gets me is they are all the rage over on newhilux.net but over here they are said to be shit, no way I'd ever get them just maybe its the D22 ones that are bad.

Has anyone else actually ridden in rusty's ute? (his being the only one fitted with the good ones) would just be interesting to see other opinions.

Like I said mine are fine now. Can't complain at all about the ride. You just can't run a firm shock with them because the 3rd stage acts like a bit of a shock anyway. I put my standard shocks back in and the ride and articulation are great. Sax even agreed to refund the $$$ for the shocks. I delt with Brad Green their and can't complain about the service from him either. I'm now going to use rancho adjustable's so I can get a shock setting close to the standard ones. I have found to that if I add 100kg or so to the rear it rides even better. Making a draw system for mine now so that should help. Rusty runs Ranchos with his and I think this is why he he is having the success with his springs. It's a shame that you are having such a bad customer service experience with them because I hear they are getting great results with the Dmax as well.

Yeah, mine is all good too. I know that I was asked to post some photos of the setup, and I had every intention of doing so, but in the end I cbf...So yeah, I really like my setup. It is a real shame that others haven't got that. And if they are backing away from their guarantee or the offer to refund then you should got to Consumer Affairs.

Yeah, mine is all good too. I know that I was asked to post some photos of the setup, and I had every intention of doing so, but in the end I cbf...So yeah, I really like my setup. It is a real shame that others haven't got that. And if they are backing away from their guarantee or the offer to refund then you should got to Consumer Affairs.
So yours rides like a prado on coils?

Fitted my Ranchos today. Have to run the rear on "1" with no load to get the same ride as I got with the standard shocks, so very soft shocks are the key. If I put the rear to "9" it's like when I had the SAX shocks in, rough as. Once I get my draws in it should be sweet.

Fitted my Ranchos today. Have to run the rear on "1" with no load to get the same ride as I got with the standard shocks, so very soft shocks are the key. If I put the rear to "9" it's like when I had the SAX shocks in, rough as. Once I get my draws in it should be sweet.

I fitted Tough Dog shocks today and have to have them on "1" and they are bearable, still not a comfortable ride like i expected as sax advertise. Turn them up to "5" and they are like the sax shocks, rough as guts. You would need a bloody heavy load on to have them on "9". When ordering off sax i told them plenty of times i don't carry a heavy load often and i was after a comfortable ride. From my experience i would not recomend 3sds springs to anyone, they are a crap, dogshit product and the owner just takes your money and tells you the biggest load of lies and bullshit and stuffs you around for months and months, i am really over it and wish i had went with something else.

So yours rides like a prado on coils?

No. I would never say such a thing. I think that would be a very unrealistic expectation for a torsion bar front, leaf sprung rear vehicle. The only claim I do make is that mine rides far better than stock and that I am really happy with it. You must be new to 4WD's and 4WDing. You'll get there. Have a read of this forum, don't forget to use the search function.

No. I would never say such a thing. I think that would be a very unrealistic expectation for a torsion bar front, leaf sprung rear vehicle. The only claim I do make is that mine rides far better than stock and that I am really happy with it. You must be new to 4WD's and 4WDing. You'll get there. Have a read of this forum, don't forget to use the search function.
Only just saw this after old bear bumped the thread gave me a good laugh.

use the search function to search how shit Sax is :rofl2:

I just printed the latest 4x4 magazine and they are now advertising series 3. They look to have less leaves and some funny bump stop thing on the top of the 3rd stage spring.

image-25655443.jpg

It must stop it from hitting the chassis rail?
Mine actually rides quite good now I have some weight in the back (draw system) they just need to look after their customers better. Still running the ranchos on 0 in the rear.

Last edited:
Might buy a set for the Dmax. Lol, not@#$%ing likely.

Looks like John is experimenting some more.

He should just give up and get a normal job, he fails with leaf spring designing.

Have a look at their website
Navara D22 issue resolved
We have rectified the problem with all customers

What a joke.

John was meant to be at my place now resolving my issues with his rubbish springs.

Where are you John, maybe he's trying to steal stuff my neighbors, going by the way he does business, I doubt his morals are much better outside of business.

Latest posts

Back