4WD this Thursday

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well Jase wasn't kidding when he said it was slippery. We really only did one low range track, and it was very slippery to say the least. Jase managed what might be described as a controlled slide, and I managed what could only be described as a sphincter tightening out of control slide. (but thats the difference with 33" muddies and stock ATs!)
I came to rest at one of those spots where they bulldoze of to the side for the water run off, on a flat spot, at the top of the next steep downhill. Zero traction couldn't go back couldn't go fwd. Jase was too far down the hill to snatch, and was unlikely to be able to get back up to snatch. Besides which, snatching down the hill would have been a very hairy excercise.
So we broke out the winch and sort of dragged the front of the Nav sideways by about 2m with a combination of shoveling, HLjacking, and winching. I probably picked a tree that was too far back because the fairlead roller took all of the strain and became displaced. one of the winch connections came lose, (the one that is for reverse...) So that'll give me a job for tomorrow.

I tackled the next section, and the same occured. slide/ come to rest in bog hloe this time winch out. I didn't get any pics as I was too busy digging cursing and wondering why I haven't bought muddies yet! After that we stuck to the main roads. Thanks for your help today Jase, and for an interesting day.

Well worth it though.Made a big difference to mine once it was done.
What suspension are you looking at?

the only brands that i can't find negative feedback on are EFS and blue max. so I'll sart there and get some quotes.

Sounds like an interesting day, which track were you having probs on? Heata there's a good forum with heaps of info on navara suspension haha.
How'd your winch go?
I'm off to the Murray on Sunday or Monday for a week, can't wait!
Finished work at 3.15 by the way..

Marcus, It was Blowhard trk. Which, if it was dry, would be straight forward. The winch pulled well, and the two issues with it, I think might be due to operator error, and not tightening up the connections well enough on install. But i'll know for sure when I look at it in the morning.
Enjoy the murray.

Latest posts

Back