Advice please? Coil spacers or body lift?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuscanhero

Reaction score
Hi all, I need some advice on lifting my Navara a bit more.

Its a 2012 Navara D40 ST. It currently has a 2 inch OME lift, 265/70/17 tyres/wheels.

I've just put on an ARB deluxe bar, and its dropped down a little bit. It doesn't bother me at the moment. However, ill be adding a winch and other accessories in the near future. Also been looking at putting 33s on......

Anyway, I have a couple of questions as Im pretty new to the whole 4x4 modding scene.

1. I know body lifts are illegal (im in WA) but my main concern was that i was told that body lifts can affect the airbag sensors. Is this true?

2. Coil spacers. I dont know much about these? DO they cause any problems? And would I be able to fit 33s with coil spacers and no body lift? Are Street/all terrain type 33 inch tyres easier to fit than 33 inch muddies?

Anyway, thanks in advance

Can't help with the airbag question, but when you lift the body, you lift it off the chassis, this means it ends up sitting higher than everything else connected to the chassis, so this means you will have a daggy looking gap between your new ARB bar and the body work. So you'll need to make up a kit to raise your bar so it stays in place with the body.

Coil spacers will lift your vehicle at the expense of downwards wheel travel, you'll end up just about none.

I run 285/75x16's which are about 32and3/4's of an inch with a 2" lift and no body lift. I've cut my guards and they very very rarely rub.

HTH.

Thanks guys. I've got HD springs in at the moment, I just want a bit more lift out of the front.

I'm running 45mm spring lift with a 25mm strut spacer and still needed to trim the guards to fit fit the 285's, I had a body lift in my old d40 and i didn't go much on it, guard triming pretty easy on the 40 i just made one cut about 120mm high then pulled the flap behind the outside of the guard until flush with the cut you make and re- welded it. throw some paint at it then trim a small piece of the plastic under guard on the drivers side to clear the plug box under the foot well and screwed the mud flap and everything back together looks like a brought one.

I'm running 45mm spring lift with a 25mm strut spacer and still needed to trim the guards to fit fit the 285's, I had a body lift in my old d40 and i didn't go much on it, guard triming pretty easy on the 40 i just made one cut about 120mm high then pulled the flap behind the outside of the guard until flush with the cut you make and re- welded it. throw some paint at it then trim a small piece of the plastic under guard on the drivers side to clear the plug box under the foot well and screwed the mud flap and everything back together looks like a brought one.

I've cut the guards on my 40, but can't work out what to do with the ga that's left.

Can you put some pics up of what you've done????

I'm running tough dog coils and shocks up front, plus a superior engineering 5mm spacer. The trucks sits very nicely.

first time putting pics up, hope this works. There are 30mm wheel spacers also bolted on and it still clears by 20mm, cheers

Attachments

• IMG-20130317-00012.jpg
    IMG-20130317-00012.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG-20130317-00013.jpg
    IMG-20130317-00013.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back