air bubbles in fuel line

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No mate, its sucking air from some where. Start by pulling the filter and ensuring its sealed right. Then look at the filter body, fuel lines etc. Good luck.

You'll probably find that the large bubbles coming from the primer may just be an accumulation of bubbles that build up in the primer. The leak is likely further back.

Now, when you say there are small bubbles coming from the tank, do you mean right at the outlet of the tank itself? I'd be draining my tank, removing the hose and making sure there's no debris or ridges on the joiner, then I'd make sure the fuel line was in good condition - highly flexible, no discoloured spots and certainly not easy to turn on the tank spigot while the clamp is a little loose - the hose is supposed to be a tight fit.

one of the patrol guys found the tube inside the tank had cracked.

otherwise it can be from air being mixed in.
ie you have air being sucked in around the filter. that air gets pumped into the tank via the return line. some of that air is mixed in the fuel and gets sucked into the fuel line.

Just bringing this thread back to life as I am having the same trouble with air in the line ('04 navy 3L). The clear hoses I just fitted either side of the primer pump have a lot of very small bubbles coming from the tank side, with larger but intermittent bubbles on the injector pump side. A mate suggested to fill the tank right up as its on 1/4 now, and see if this "fixes" it. I also have code 0707 coming up as a fault (injector pump timing), with a bit of grey smoke from the exhaust and sluggish in power. Anyone think the air bubbles could be doing this? Any opinions are much appreciated.

Most likely the bubbles causing the codes and power loss. You'll need to find the cause and fix it - look for deteriated hose, cracks in pipes & primer pump housing, filter seals etc.

Most likely the bubbles causing the codes and power loss. You'll need to find the cause and fix it - look for deteriated hose, cracks in pipes & primer pump housing, filter seals etc.

Thanks. So I traced the tank to primer line and found nothing obvious that would suggest air being sucked in so will take the thing to town and fill 'er right up tomorrow. My mates thinking is the fuel level will be above the crack/split and wont suck air. If it does stop the bubbles at least I know I wont be pulling out the tank for nothing. Any more suggestions welcome.

Latest posts

Back