Air filters???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just out of curiosity, the small sensor in the pipe just after the round filter box, is that an AFM? what effect does that have if you were to remove that piping and for example put a straight pod filter on the end of the pipe?

just out of curiosity, the small sensor in the pipe just after the round filter box, is that an AFM? what effect does that have if you were to remove that piping and for example put a straight pod filter on the end of the pipe?

which motor do you have?
common rail has MAF just after air filter which you need to keep. older motor has air temp sensor just in front of air filter.

which motor do you have?
common rail has MAF just after air filter which you need to keep. older motor has air temp sensor just in front of air filter.

ZD30 3L turbo diesel, so its just intake temp? guess it can be taped into wherever the intake is sucking in. On the other hand how important is the pre cleaner? Seems pretty useless as you cant actually open it up and clean the unit. Seems to me more like a restriction in air flow.

pre cleaner doesn't seam to do much, common rail version doesn't have it.
just be careful if you use pod filters. common problem is they are put in a place where they get hot air off the radiator etc. what they gain by reduced inlet restriction is lost due to hot air. its best to fit a cold air box to seal off the air filter.
probably easier just to get a big filter assembly off a much larger motor.

Good idea with a bigger air box tweake, the pod filter i have lying around is 3inch neck, and i have a stainless pipe to adapt it, however im thinking of getting a piece of pipe made up that can slide into the neck of the standard airbox but flange out to 3inch inside so i can just use a hose clamp to attach it inside and still retain the stock airbox. If that is going to be more expensive to do then a replacement high flow filter to suit the box then i will just go with that option

Just out of curiosity has anyone read that document collated from the patrol forum that includes a comprehensive study undertaken on air filters and their pro's and con's? i will post it up if somebody wants it and it is ok with the mods

Latest posts

Back