Am I expecting too much from a D22 ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi hodge,
You might not want to read this, but that's the very reason I got out of mine 18 months after buying new and pouring money into it.
I think you can only get a certain level of ride out of a torsion bar set up.

Good luck with it.

the only problem with torsion bars is its hard to do variable springs.
tho someone was making coil overs so they could make it variable springs.

**** IFS and **** T bars. Im never going back to them once I sell this navara. Id rather pay a little more in a car to get coils due to the options being more endless.

I wouldnt have the Navara already if my Uncle ****ed me over and sold his mint GQ under my feet. Dissapointed to say the least at that.

In saying that I think the cars are amazing for the price and learning to drive them correctly has improved my skills as a driver. They are amazing cars and if your wallet doesnt want to spend more on improving a crap T bar setup do what im doing. Dropping back to an older car car and making it super perfect. OR ill just by a Prado.... Haha

I agree with Cooper. I love everything else about the car, it suits me just perfectly, and they look awesome I reckon when set up properly. For the price, they are by far the best bank for buck 4x4 ute out there. In all fairness, as an example, what does the hi-lux give for an extra $20k over the D22 brand new on-road? (apart from coil-overs :violin2: ) Don't mean to open the toyota vs. nissan can of worms, but It's a got comparo I reckon.

The thing about MY navara is... There is smooth riding cars, then there is rough riding cars, then there is my navara... Everyone who comes for a ride, is spun out as to how rough it is. Every tiny little hole or bit of rough patch on the road is felt through the front, something you would not know is there in other cars. A mate who was in defence, a while back, swore that the tanks they trained in were smoother than my car, and tanks are torsion bars too. Go figure.

Anyhow, I "think" issue is sorted, just waiting for a new set of shocks.

My wife regularly comments on what good tourer my d22 is! Just too big around town for her. Suspension mods were done by city suspension south of brisbane. Oztech shocks, standard tbars, reset leaves plus helper leaf. 44mm front, 55mm rear. Was thinking about new tbars from opposite lock after Xrox bar, dual batts and winch but now not so sure. I run 40psi in the pirelli atrs.

Hodge how is your setup so bad? It sounds like they are riding on the bump stops or something. Mine was so bad @ stock I had a painful back like riding in a tinny. Now I upgraded the suspension correctly it runs so smooth for a T bar setup.

What have you done to your suspension?

Have a breeze through my suspension thread Cooper.
http://www.navara.asia/showthread.php?t=17168

At the end I believe it's the front shocks. Thanks to some other guys on the forum, like Ridgie, we worked out that I've had front OME shock shocks, that was too short for 2" lift. So once my upper arms were installed and the car lifted up front, the shock got absolutely hammered and over time I think it's integrity just got rooted, so now it's just sitting in there useless. I might as well have no shocks. Although partly my fault, since ARB strictly warned me that shocks are not up to scratch any more. But they also, told me they do not have any OME shocks that will suit the 50mm lift. But as it turns out, they indeed do have a set. More info in that thread.

However, I will confirm this once my new shocks arrive and are installed and tested
I'm 99% sure that will solve all my woes.

I am not sure weather is it just a d22 thing but i run 40+ psi on road with my tires and i love every day drive in it. it is comfortable and i the fact the dual cab. I believe that is where patrol let them selves down. yes i know you can do a wagon chop but it works out to be the same cost to sas a Navara and i can not wait till i do mine it will be the ultimate 4x4 tourer and flex machine.

Personally i would consider doing it yourself.

prado would be nice

I've got both ('10 Prado and ad 03 D22) but you're not really comparing apples with apples..... A Prado definitely rides better, but so it should as its a wagon and not a work ute.....

comparing the D22 with Hiluxes; Dmax; Triton; Colorado.....

If Hiluxes weren't that flamin expensive, I probably would have gone that way but their towing capacity is not very good either.... Their much easier to modify too....

The D22 is good value for money though and there much be some sort of happy medium when it comes to the suspension...... but I do agree with the TB comments..... I reckon TB suspension cars would have the worst front end wheel travel out of all IFS cars......

Latest posts

Back