Angellala Creek Accident

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy the Kid

Reaction score
More Photos

Attachments

• Bridge.jpg
    Bridge.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 238
  • Bridge 1.jpg
    Bridge 1.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 226
  • Bridge 2.jpg
    Bridge 2.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 228
  • Hole.jpg
    Hole.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 301
  • Truck.jpg
    Truck.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 216
More Photos

was only looking at that lastnight at work. it musta been one hell of a bang. theres another pic of a fire engine just shredded and mangled, but to do that sort of damage to that rail bridge, well all i can say is im glad i wasnt around

This all happened a couple of days before the custom trucks company who builds these rigs went bust. Now who is going to build the trucks that are emergency services use.

When ANFO goes off, it can generate between 500 000 and 3 000 000 psi of pressure depending on how well confined it is.

Last edited:
This all happened a couple of days before the custom trucks company who builds these rigs went bust. Now who is going to build the trucks that are emergency services use.

There are more companies then mills tui. One strait off top of my head is Varley.

This shot from the air gives a bit of an idea of the immediate blast radius. pretty crazy stuff though.

Attachments

• P1020367.jpg
    P1020367.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 146
Did hear that the fire's had only just packed up their Road Rescue Kit back onto the Pump when this went up . . . extremely lucky

There are more companies then mills tui. One strait off top of my head is Varley.

and Mitch is correct,

Mills Tui was only one of many Emergency Service Vehicle body builders here in Australia that produced vehicles for Fire & Emergency Services. Others that Fire & Rescue NSW get appliances from include: Varley Special Vehicles (as Mitch listed), SEM Fire & Rescue, Alexandria Peri and Kuipers Engerneering of Windsor.

9-2483006-twt110914explosion%20(1

Last edited:
Strewth and the blast did all that damage I'm guessing.

That must have been one massive explosion. The only thing I don't understand is what ANFO stands fer?

Strewth and the blast did all that damage I'm guessing.

That must have been one massive explosion. The only thing I don't understand is what ANFO stands fer?

Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel oil..

Combined creates an Explosive mix, similar that that brought down the FBI/CIA ? head office in the states many years ago !

Bloody deadly cocktail if your a farmer and spill diesel on this fertiliser.

Ammonium nitrate is used in crop fertilisation,
Diesel well we know that !
Like all chemicals used correctly no issue, in the wrong hands it's dangerous, Know wonder our Law enforcement services are always on tender hooks

Ammonium Nitrate/Fuel oil..

Combined creates an Explosive mix, similar that that brought down the FBI/CIA ? head office in the states many years ago !

Bloody deadly cocktail if your a farmer and spill diesel on this fertiliser.

Ammonium nitrate is used in crop fertilisation,
Diesel well we know that !
Like all chemicals used correctly no issue, in the wrong hands it's dangerous, Know wonder our Law enforcement services are always on tender hooks

Also used in blasting on mine sites. A lot of ammonium nitrate emulsion gets carted up in the north west of wa, which is what they use to pour into holes. There is a lot of powder sent up from Perth, bulker bags and center discharge bin trucks, normally short triple road trains....

Latest posts

Back