Anyone into riding, mountain/road bike.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just done 10k with the kids and had my first moment. i saw a slab of concrete leaning up against a embankment where a excavator had cut a edge and thought it was a good idea to jump from the embankment to the slab, only trouble was when i reached the top of the edge and realised had missed the slab i grabbed the brakes and went to put my foot out........... you guest it didnt unclip in time...... splat lol
one lesson learned, 1000000 more to come haha

Oh i ended up getting the jump right on the 2nd and third go, just the first attempt that sucked.

Very cool. I almost got me one of them the other week, but went for a MET Terra instead - not the same coverage but a bunch lighter (plus my wife said I looked like a slightly greying downhill try-hard wannabe)

MET-Terra.jpg

lol,,I dont have to worry about the grey hair,,,,,, because its just about all fallen out!! so im rocken the nude nut look hahah (im not losing my hair im just getting more head!!)
im not sure but the last time i looked at my downhill hat is was a full face moto-x contraption its a long way from the BELL.

I like the look of those lids you bought as well and with a bit more protection for the back of the scull

Helmets have really evolved - thank goodness.

The Met is only 250 grams - that helped the decision too.

thats super light, the medium ''BELL" is 350g i think the large is 390g, still feels light to me, im use to wearing Moto helmets.

thats super light, the medium ''BELL" is 350g i think the large is 390g, still feels light to me, im use to wearing Moto helmets.

Have you gotten used to the clips yet Nathan?

I used to compete in road/track racing back when I was younger where as these days bit of mountain biking for fun and to keep the beer gut away.

Took me a while to get used to clips when I started racing but you wouldn't use anything else after getting used to them (Usually after 2-3 stacks resulting from forgetting to unclip) and if you have a couple of good hi speed crashes (like myself0 the force is enough to rip you from pedals "usually".

Heading up around the Mt Beauty/ Falls Creek area these weekend and will definitely be throwing the bikes in.

Cheers Jarrod

Have you gotten used to the clips yet Nathan?

I used to compete in road/track racing back when I was younger where as these days bit of mountain biking for fun and to keep the beer gut away.

Took me a while to get used to clips when I started racing but you wouldn't use anything else after getting used to them (Usually after 2-3 stacks resulting from forgetting to unclip) and if you have a couple of good hi speed crashes (like myself0 the force is enough to rip you from pedals "usually".

Heading up around the Mt Beauty/ Falls Creek area these weekend and will definitely be throwing the bikes in.

Cheers Jarrod

G'day Jarrod, yeah getting there with being clipped in mate, just still in the tight technical rocky sections makes me a little nervous but overall pretty good especially after backing them off a little.

I would be throwing the bike in to if i was in that part of the world, i spent a few days last week at my sisters down in Jindabyne, so i got to ride around Jindy, Krackenback and Thredbo great riding in the high country.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back