audio set up/question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
has anyone got any photos of there setup that would be good ?

ill go to jb later this week see if they have any sales on a 6x9 so the 2 way is the way to go?
there's ones with 5 ways ??? what does this mean?

ill put the spits in the back ill keep the tweeter in the back too, and disconnect the current one in the front
cheers

I would go down to JB and get them to work out a deal for you. Pay a little more than the net but you know they are right and won't be damaged on arrival.
I just put a 6inch kicker speaker in the rear, 2 way I think. Amped both the 6x9 and the 6" and sounds great. Save yourself the $100 or so and just bang a 6 or 6.5" in the rear.

I will get you some photos this weekend.

Are you going to be installing an amp and head unit or tv?

Why two amps?
Most decent two channel amps can power 4 speakers (2 per channel) without any issues.
Or are you going the purist route and running one bigger amp for the 6x9s and a smaller amp for the rear 6.5 two ways?
What about only amping the front 6x9s and keeping the rear 6.5s off the head unit only?

One amp is for the sub one amp is for speakers mate I'll run my 2 channel amp to all 4 speakers.

Do I get rid of the original tweeter ? Well just leave it but not workin .

Are 6x9s better than a spilt ?
Sorry for all the questions

I'd leave the front tweets in place and just disconnect them at the head unit. That will allow you to run new thicker cable from the 2 channel amp.

6x9s will need the full bandwidth to sound the best in the front.
From the quality or lack there-of of the rear speakers and the tweeter that i have seen, no contest that the 6x9s you have to fit will be better.

Are you going to mount the sub amp next to the box behind or under the back seat? And the other under a front seat?

I'll prob mount them as high as I can .. coz I do take the Nav swimming every now and again .. lol

Hey Navdog I'm currently upgrading my audio so heres a picture of naked doors:

2qn1fs4.jpg

If you're adding a sub then it's silly to keep the 6x9s.
6x9's are in the navara front because a sub isn't included out of the factory so they try to deliver complete sound.
Your sub will handle the lows and so splits in the front to handle mids an highs is recommended. NOT in the back.
You can easily fabricate holding plates to go over the factory speaker mounts.
Also behind the back seats is good room for your amps to be mounted high away from water, you just need to seal the factory air vent. I did and there's been no issues with cabin pressure.

Where in Vic are you? I'll send you the stencil for the holding plates. It's an easy job and you will thank yourself later when you get good sound because you did it right.

HUGE thanks SideStep,
This is what i have been looking for for a while now.
Any chance you can scan the stencil of the front mounts?
I would like to make a set of baffles for my 6x9s too.
Thanks

thanks for the pic man what do u mean holding plates ?? lol this might seem like a stupid question ..

I think he means the same as baffles / mounting plates.
The moulded mount is for a 6 or 6.5" speaker. So you will need to make a Baffle/mounting plate for the 6x9s to ensure you have the clearance behind the speaker. Or you may want to mount the speaker on a bit of an angle to direct the highs up a little more by using a wedge shaped (side profile) mounting plate/baffle to achieve that end :)

Last edited:
Yeah baffles! lol I didn't know they had a name.

Navdog:You can buy plastic ones from audio places but they are very flimsy.
You will have disgusting sound and probably vibrations!

Grasshoper: I thought about angling them too because the speakers are positioned too low and there's plenty of room between the door grill and speaker.
But I think in the near future, to get best sound I will do something like this guy has done:
installed1.jpg

Check the thread, he done a good job on everything:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f24/total-audio-overhaul-build-2008-d40-navara-pic-heavy-39846/

Yeah and I'll get the scans happening for you shortly too.
What do you have in you Navara btw?

Here's the stencils..

Attachments

• front_right.jpg
    front_right.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 86
  • rear_right.jpg
    rear_right.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 85
The craftman's clay = MDF
Various thicknesses are available by the sheet or you can do what i did in the past and buy the "cover sheets" from a larger stockist in an industrial estate. They used to go for $10 per sheet cash only. A sheet was/is 2400mm x1200mm mostly they are 9, 12, 16, 18 or 25mm thick. Easy to work with, the dust is a hazard - wear a suitable mask.
Choose a thickness that is enough to step the magnet away from the gear in the door, cut it, shape it, seal it with primer, paint it to really seal it and install it :)
Test fit everything to make sure the factory door panel will re-fit too.

Back